Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Brighton’s Loan Army 2020/21

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Molumby and Gyokeres still can't get a game (bench warming today

Said at the time that Molumby made a mistake going to Preston (or the club depending on whose decision it was). It is possible he went there because there is a pile of Irish players at the club.

Preston have been pretty much in freefall since the new year and Neil panicked chopping and changing the team. For the past month the interim manager has been shoring up the defence to stop the slide and Molumby is out of the side as a result.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Brilliant goal. Richards looks a really exciting player.

Hope to see him in the Championship next year.

What has happened to Donny over the last 2-3 months? They were on a great run around the half-way stage and threatening the top 2 positions (with Richards seemingly playing a major role).

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Has he got a new hairstyle? I thought the Richards we signed had short hair. Maybe its covid hair.

He did sing over 18 months ago and hair does grow...

Taylor-Richards.jpg

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Unlike White & Östigård, Clarke is left footed, I think that counts massively in his favour as Potter seems to genuinely want left footers on the left (see Burn & March), he also has age and experience on his side compared to others which is exactly what we need at the moment with our poor on-pitch game management.

Dunk, Veltman & Webster are also right footed although the latter is profoundly two footed; I actually decided that he was in fact left footed after watching the warm-up against Sheff Utd and seeing him curl the ball both ways with his left peg.

I've probably said before, Clarke's been good, no doubt, strong in the air, good on the ball, strong in the tackle and brave in the block - Two of his weaknesses however make him, in my opinion, unlikely to be particularly successful in the PL, he is particularly slow and is positioning is a bit dodgy. If you had a spare few minutes to watch our recent game against Luton, they had at least 3 good chances and Clarke was culpable for each of them.... The defence is definitely better with him in it, but these are things to be aware of....

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Boy oh boy, is he some potential or what...
Really like how forward driven he is, makes things happen.

He is really exciting isn't he? We could do with a guy like him in midfield. He looks like the kind of player who can make the step-up. Lovely, lovely feet.
It will be interesting to see how he is handled. Obviously he'll get a bit of pre-season to impress. Is it worth giving him a year in the Champ or can he be integrated into the first team...?
(Also he is left footed)

Last edited:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
He is really exciting isn't he? We could do with a guy like him in midfield. He looks like the kind of player who can make the step-up. Lovely, lovely feet.
It will be interesting to see how he is handled. Obviously he'll get a bit of pre-season to impress. Is it worth giving him a year in the Champ or can he be integrated into the first team...?

I tell you what from those clips even though it’s against lesser opposition, he looks twice the player Connolly was against Barnet when he broke into the first team. He looks like he could move up to a squad player comfortably.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I tell you what from those clips even though it’s against lesser opposition, he looks twice the player Connolly was against Barnet when he broke into the first team. He looks like he could move up to a squad player comfortably.

There was an interesting article when he joined Donnie where he said he was relieved to get a decent move because he was worried he had a reputation for having a bad attitude. Which actually seems pretty mature for a 19 year old to come out with.

Obviously each player is looked at differently in terms of their development. It makes sense, given his pedigree, that the club had gone...
"Right Taylor, we know you can play football but we want you to go on loan and prove you can get stuck in, get your head down. Be humble, learn".
Looks like he has done exactly what has been asked of him. I really wouldn't be surprised to see him move ahead of Connolly and even Alzate over the next couple of seasons. It's hard to get on the ball in the midfield at that level. So he is doing well to be effecting games in the way he is.

He is out of contract in the summer mind.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
There was an interesting article when he joined Donnie where he said he was relieved to get a decent move because he was worried he had a reputation for having a bad attitude. Which actually seems pretty mature for a 19 year old to come out with.

Obviously each player is looked at differently in terms of their development. It makes sense, given his pedigree, that the club had gone...
"Right Taylor, we know you can play football but we want you to go on loan and prove you can get stuck in, get your head down. Be humble, learn".
Looks like he has done exactly what has been asked of him. I really wouldn't be surprised to see him move ahead of Connolly and even Alzate over the next couple of seasons. It's hard to get on the ball in the midfield at that level. So he is doing well to be effecting games in the way he is.

He is out of contract in the summer mind.

We have a one year option.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Boy oh boy, is he some potential or what...
Really like how forward driven he is, makes things happen.

He is an exciting talent for sure. Man City thought he was special and wanted to keep him.

Only word of caution is that this is league one. I think Connolly would tear it up in that league. That’s why I hope to see Richards in the Championship next year. That will be a really good test of his quality. He looks a real player though.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I've probably said before, Clarke's been good, no doubt, strong in the air, good on the ball, strong in the tackle and brave in the block - Two of his weaknesses however make him, in my opinion, unlikely to be particularly successful in the PL, he is particularly slow and is positioning is a bit dodgy. If you had a spare few minutes to watch our recent game against Luton, they had at least 3 good chances and Clarke was culpable for each of them.... The defence is definitely better with him in it, but these are things to be aware of....

You just want to buy him on the cheap, don't you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here