Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Finally one of ours gets some credit

Argartu

Jun 5, 2014
Makes a change from Dunk making the TOTW!

Not trying to detract from Maty's save, that was incredible and the noise I made when he pulled it off got me a right telling off. It was somewhere between a stuck hippo and a bellowing elephant

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
[MENTION=29617]Argartu[/MENTION] Did I miss something re the save?

Yes, you’ve missed the fact Ryan got finger tips on the ball which pushed it on to the bar. The shot was also from Vestergaard not Ings.

Photo taken from Maty Ryan’s Instagram.

55198969-FE69-44BF-8AF0-8D79AADB1A98.jpeg

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Damned with faint praise. GC really has no time for us.

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/53450212

Except of course the "one of the best fingertip saves I have seen all season" A. was from Ings not Vestergaard (unless I missed something) and B. From what I can tell Ryan didn't get to it. ut hey he has been excellent and deserves the praise.

How odd that you take the trouble to post a link, then make two inaccurate comments about it. It was Vestergaard who shot and Ryan saved it. You should have quit when you were winning with just the headline and the thread. By the way, in case you missed it, Saints equalised and it finished 1- 1.

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
Well, I'm confused, but I've not had my first coffee yet.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Clawed our way out of the relegation zone? In August 2017 and haven't dropped back onto it since.

I see your mistake here, you are letting facts get in the way of the "Brighton are crap and stealing someone elses place in the Prem " narrative a lot of the media like to push. No "plucky Lil Bournemouth, Dogged fighting spirit of Burnley , type of reporting for us. Its a kind of mass reality blindness. Just because we haven't been in the bottom 3 for 3 years , have in all likleyhood been safe since the restart, taken 10 points off the Big Six , shouldn't detract from the story they want to write about.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I am no big fan of GC but itsn't it possible and indeed reasonable, that by relegation zone, he means that end of the table. It seems a pretty innocuous comment to me.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I am no big fan of GC but itsn't it possible and indeed reasonable, that by relegation zone, he means that end of the table. It seems a pretty innocuous comment to me.

I wouldn't have thought he meant that based on the fact that the quote included haven't fallen back into it since. The extended relegation zone you refer to we have spent much of the time since august 17 within

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I wouldn't have thought he meant that based on the fact that the quote included haven't fallen back into it since. The extended relegation zone you refer to we have spent much of the time since august 17 within

GC did not say 'haven't fallen back into it since' he said 'Brighton have clawed their way out of the relegation zone and into relative safety.'

Seems fair enough to me? :shrug:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
In fairness how many Albion players have actually deserved to get into a PL team of the week this season? We love them but they do not do the things that top clubs players do very often

I’d say we have been in the relegation zone if not the bottom three

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here