• Unnecessary, you cannot change the past

Votes: 91 74.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Just because you did not know until today a gravestone/plaque (its not a statue) to the dog ****** even existed, its no reason to presume others were unaware. Anyone who has a great admiration of the skill and bravery of the Dambuster pilots, acknowledges the incredible determination of Barnes Wallis and knows the overall story will be fully aware there is a memorial to the dog where it was hit by a car. ****** is an integral part of the legendary Dambuster Story,If you cant understand why then its your loss.

Racist!

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Hasn’t this fishing thread from one of the boards notorious bigots.

Really, because I don’t agree with you? That can be the only reason. It seems the left wingers on here have a new tactic if there is a topic or opinion they do not like, get it moved to the Pit.

Facism by any other name.

By the way Nibble, more than double the number of votes think this is a step too far, than are happy with it. It is you who is out of step with everyday life.

Best move this now Mods, The Clamp has spoken.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I don't think we need a memorial to a dog that was given a racist name to learn that we should not give dogs racist names. :shootself

FFS it's political correctness gone mad! Now I've got to rename poor old Honky and Cracker :angry:

samoyed-mother-dog-with-puppy-outdoors.jpg

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
When my Mum and Dad were married in 1955 , the brides mother my gran was noted in the Worthing Herald posting to have been wearing a ****** brown suit .Different times but rappers use it all the time .

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Just because you did not know until today a gravestone/plaque (its not a statue) to the dog ****** even existed, its no reason to presume others were unaware. Anyone who has a great admiration of the skill and bravery of the Dambuster pilots, acknowledges the incredible determination of Barnes Wallis and knows the overall story will be fully aware there is a memorial to the dog where it was hit by a car. ****** is an integral part of the legendary Dambuster Story,If you cant understand why then its your loss.

i was thinking of the colston statue

i was aware of the story and gravestone, the dog is not integral

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Really, because I don’t agree with you? That can be the only reason. It seems the left wingers on here have a new tactic if there is a topic or opinion they do not like, get it moved to the Pit.

Facism by any other name.

By the way Nibble, more than double the number of votes think this is a step too far, than are happy with it. It is you who is out of step with everyday life.

Best move this now Mods, The Clamp has spoken.

aah, i can help you out again, the actual reason is the fact that you have only got one song

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
aah, i can help you out again, the actual reason is the fact that you have only got one song

I will take having you as a stalker as a badge of honour, it keeps you out of somebody else’s hair.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex

No it’s not. It’s a dog. As far as I’m aware the dog wasn’t a pilot, navigator, bomb aimer, gunner or a mechanic. It has the aahhh factor because it was in the film nothing more.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
i was thinking of the colston statue

i was aware of the story and gravestone, the dog is not integral

Er, it is. Watch the film, read the book etc. I mean, you can airbrush out equally. But that sort of proves the point. And if you do that, you might as well remove the German sentry who was diving about on top of the dam deflecting bouncing bombs. That was edited out years ago but I think footage still exists somewhere....

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Er, it is. Watch the film, read the book etc. I mean, you can airbrush out equally. But that sort of proves the point. And if you do that, you might as well remove the German sentry who was diving about on top of the dam deflecting bouncing bombs. That was edited out years ago but I think footage still exists somewhere....

so gibbs would have refused to fly if the dog had drowned as a puppy?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
good. it should have all been done when we stopped throwing bananas at footballers

Interesting it’s only the sign being replaced. Not the pub name. Nobody raised a complaint either.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Are we no longer able to call a spade a spade?

It would appear not. We are now tying ourselves in so much political correctness in this country that little or nothing else seems to matter; and we're in danger of becoming an international laughing stock if we're not one already. I shudder to think where it's going to end and I would really not like to be a child growing up in today's society. If only we put more effort into caring for the elderly and disabled but sadly they seem to count for little nowadays.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
presumably the landlord has discovered a conscience, or it's a marketing ploy

There have been many different landlords over time. I wouldn’t believe it’s marketing ploy. I would advance it’s just in case they get hate mail, vandalism or complaints in the new spirit of things. People are seeing and finding offence in a great deal more things after all so it’s probably a wise move. I see the original name is after a celebrated book, by an anti slavery writer. Ironically. Trouble is, people mistakenly jump to polar opposite conclusion, wrongly in this instance, such is the fear of offence and being social media shamed. As we all know, once accused, the mob won’t care about facts or healthy discussion. So I can understand why they’ve changed it.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
When my Mum and Dad were married in 1955 , the brides mother my gran was noted in the Worthing Herald posting to have been wearing a ****** brown suit .Different times but rappers use it all the time .

The Royal familys name before the war was Saxe-Coburg where is MAH HISTORY ERASED!!!. We can also take down all those memorials to gangster rappers with their lyrics clear to see then....oh wait.

Since this seems to really get up the bracket of racists we should just take them all down I was a bit ambivalent at first but it is just too much fun now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here