Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] An appreciation (of Adam Webster)

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Webster was superb tonight,MOTM, best game in the stripes and looked a £20 million player.

But, Dunks goal line block in the first half from Ings,a thing of beauty, if there is another English cb who could do that, I haven't seen them.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It feels like tonight is the night to dredge up all the 'singed' threads.

I'll hazard a guess Webster's is the ugliest of them all, he's certainly been worth all the £20m and some, recently.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Webster was superb tonight,MOTM, best game in the stripes and looked a £20 million player.

But, Dunks goal line block in the first half from Ings,a thing of beauty, if there is another English cb who could do that, I haven't seen them.

I just don't see a better CB in this country. I know we're slightly out of the limelight but that's 3 hugely consistent seasons he's put in now, plus being so above Championship level when we were promoted it was almost embarrassing.

Tyrone Mings!

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I just don't see a better CB in this country. I know we're slightly out of the limelight but that's 3 hugely consistent seasons he's put in now, plus being so above Championship level when we were promoted it was almost embarrassing.

Tyrone Mings!

Surely we will vote him player of the season this year.

Was Duffy last year wasn't it?

Sorry this is a webster thread...

He was absolutely superb.
Saving tackle in the Penalty area was every bit a sbeautiful as his near identical one against Arsenal.
Very Very good all over the park tonight

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
An appreciation.

Agree. Aside from a few good performances Webster struggled first half of the season, I think most of us would agree on that.

But he has improved very quickly as the season has gone on, and he’s now capable of some barnstorming performances. He’s very important to the way we can play.

Dunk and Webster are the best England CB pair imo, and criminal they don’t get a look in for England.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I would add that Webster was so good that I have actually started to be ok about the idea of Dunk moving on ( if the right bid were to come in for him).

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Webster is great and only 25 years old, most central defenders dont reach their peak until they are around 30. Surely they both are somewhere in the back of Southgates mind, especially since a lot of the other English cbs. Mings... can't see him getting a place in the next squad. Stones fairly shit at City. Tomori talented but still got a long way to go. Maguire will probably be in the England team whether you like it or not and Joe Gomez is becoming dirty good, but other than that both Webster & Dunk should be in contention.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Webster was MOTM I thought tonight , made some great challenges and blocks. He’s really played well since the lockdown, the poor guy must be dreading having fans getting on his back again in the stadium

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Never ok in my mind ...Dunk is Brighton through and through

Yeah I get that, I feel that way too. I would love him to go through his whole career with us.

But let's be honest Southgate isn't going to play him all the time he is with us.
This season he has out -performed all of the other English centre backs.
He should be in the England Squad for every match. No question.

He really needs to be at a club that will get the necessary exposure to reach his potential.
It sucks, but I think it's true.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I’ve been a fan all season and consistently stuck up for him when he was getting ridiculous abuse from a lot of posters. He is getting better and better and was fantastic tonight, comfortably man of the match. He’s going to be a heck of a player as he gains more experience in the top division, definite England potential.

And the ex Pompey man had his best game in the stripes against Southampton!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Imagine the fallout on NSC if Webster gets into the England team ahead of Dunk. Doesn't bear thinking about!

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Imagine the fallout on NSC if Webster gets into the England team ahead of Dunk. Doesn't bear thinking about!

Jnr is having delusional episodes around England's defense.

He feels Lamptey, Webster, Dunk and White will be the way forward, for the national team and he's not even a Sussex Separatist.

But he is a knobhead. :lol:

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Webster has been very very good since the restart. This form has been coming.
I love his attitude and he would be a capable leader of the back line if Lewis left.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I've been critical of his defending at points this season but, fair play, that was a great performance last night. One of a few since the restart.

el punal

Yeah I get that, I feel that way too. I would love him to go through his whole career with us.

But let's be honest Southgate isn't going to play him all the time he is with us.
This season he has out -performed all of the other English centre backs.
He should be in the England Squad for every match. No question.

He really needs to be at a club that will get the necessary exposure to reach his potential.
It sucks, but I think it's true.

Love your Americanisms - way to go dude! :D

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patreon
May 3, 2012
Valencia
I would say neither Webster or Dunk are in Southgate's mind, unfortunately. They should be, but for some reason they're not and I just don't get it (Dunk especially).

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here