Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The future’s bright, the future’s Potter

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Next season is going to be very interesting indeed...

What players will we bring in?
What will players will we let go?

I believe with this manager, and this crop of young players we are definitely capable of top 10 next season.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
I'm not quite sure how you come out of that second half thinking "the future's bright." Not that I disagree, because in general I think/hope it is. But my first reaction at the full-time whistle was "phew, how the bloody heck did we escape with a point?"! :ohmy:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I'm not quite sure how you come out of that second half thinking "the future's bright." Not that I disagree, because in general I think/hope it is. But my first reaction at the full-time whistle was "phew, how the bloody heck did we escape with a point?"! :ohmy:

And close the thread.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
That was a Hughtonesque defensive performance against against a very good team and they for me are the benchmark. Develop young players and buy smart. The thing we are missing as a team is a lack of physicality, we were practically pressed into the ground in the second half and only a pinch of luck and a great defensive performance saved us. That for me will be the main issue that needs addressing for us to make the next step up which for me would be to be safe with 6 games to go.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Maybe some people dont allow 45 minutes to shape their whole world view.

I read "Build a Bonfire" during the corona break and when I read match threads I can't understand how so many people could have such a short memory.

So many wankers demanding great results and firework performances in every game when everyone within the club are working their ass off week out week in. Absolutely zero patience from far too many fans, very worrying as the team will need support in order to grow.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

Lest we forget, that the bloody awful Covid19 layoff has actually worked in our footballing favour. For sure we'll ever know what wouldve happened if it hadnt of stopped life as we know it. But we were in free fall again.

Im sure we could all do with a more serene mid table mediocrity for a few seasons, but it would't be Brighton if we weren't all nervous wrecks at season end fighting for promotion or against relegation. Its the way we roll!

UTA

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
The thing we are missing as a team is a lack of physicality,That for me will be the main issue that needs addressing for us to make the next step up which for me would be to be safe with 6 games to go.

And that is the difficult and expensive one to resolve, as players with both skill and physicality tend to be expensive and probably our of our price range.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Maybe some people dont allow 45 minutes to shape their whole world view.

I read "Build a Bonfire" during the corona break and when I read match threads I can't understand how so many people could have such a short memory.

So many wankers demanding great results and firework performances in every game when everyone within the club are working their ass off week out week in. Absolutely zero patience from far too many fans, very worrying as the team will need support in order to grow.

Like I said in my post, I don't disagree with the OP (or yourself for that matter). I too believe the future is bright. It just surprised me that that was the first thought that popped into the OP's head after that kind of second half!

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
And that is the difficult and expensive one to resolve, as players with both skill and physicality tend to be expensive and probably our of our price range.

Viktor Wanyama now in MLS, 29 could do a job if he could be lured back?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Like I said in my post, I don't disagree with the OP (or yourself for that matter). I too believe the future is bright. It just surprised me that that was the first thought that popped into the OP's head after that kind of second half!

I get where you’re coming from don’t worry. I still feel a little sick from watching that second half! Give me a day and I’ll be all positive and for the future. I don’t disagree with you OP, but I need to breathe a little first!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Tricky to mention the taboo subject of players we wouldn’t mind moving on ... each has a NSC fanclub, these threads get fraught and rather touchy.

NOT development age group, I hope we sign, proven:
1. A centre forward.
2. An ACM who scores goals.
3. RB competition for Lamptey.
4. Being greedy, depending on always crocked Izquierdo, a goal scoring winger on either flank, preferably the right.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I get where you’re coming from don’t worry. I still feel a little sick from watching that second half! Give me a day and I’ll be all positive and for the future. I don’t disagree with you OP, but I need to breathe a little first!

Sometimes it’s helpful not having a BT subscription or have a problem connecting to a stream :)

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Awful performance. Undone yet again down the flanks. Have we progressed ? No

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Awful performance. Undone yet again down the flanks. Have we progressed ? No

Have we gone down as you predicted 100 times in rather ‘look at me posts’ for months on end? No.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here