Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fraser Forster as a Matt Ryan replacement?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Seems like Fraser Forster is going to reject a move to Celtic.

So I think this is a keeper we should be seriously looking at.

6,7 an immense shot stopper , universally loved at all clubs he's been at, experience at the top level.of football.

Still only 32 so will come relatively cheap.

Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
As always, I am in complete agreement with [MENTION=72]dwayne[/MENTION] :thumbsup:

*edit*

I just realised I read that as Ben Foster, what are you on about [MENTION=72]dwayne[/MENTION], you idiot :wink:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
How good is he at passing?

Ryan needs better competition so Forster could be an option. I wonder if Walton & Sanchez are are being considered?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Seems like Fraser Forster is going to reject a move to Celtic.

So I think this is a keeper we should be seriously looking at.

6,7 an immense shot stopper , universally loved at all clubs he's been at, experience at the top level.of football.

Still only 32 so will come relatively cheap.

Thoughts?

Forster was terrible at Southampton. Utterly shambolic.

'Universally loved"? The Saints fans talk of him like we talk of Wayne Henderson.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Forster was terrible at Southampton. Utterly shambolic.

'Universally loved"? The Saints fans talk of him like we talk of Wayne Henderson.
He has 14 clean sheets in season 16/17 and saints finished 8th. Hardly a disaster although I'm no expert but he was prone to the odd mistake according to wiki.

As someone else has noted his distribution may not be good enough for us.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
How good is he at passing?

Ryan needs better competition so Forster could be an option. I wonder if Walton & Sanchez are are being considered?

Jury out amongst Blackburn fans whether Walton is good enough for them.......so doesn’t sound like competition for Maty.

As regards the OP, we don’t need a replacement, we need better competition for his place.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
He has 14 clean sheets in season 16/17 and saints finished 8th. Hardly a disaster although I'm no expert but he was prone to the odd mistake according to wiki.

Last good season four years ago and terrible distribution? With the added bonus of being in his thirties? Hmmm.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Yeah - he was good at Celtic about 10 years ago, too!

His form tailed off massively (suggestions that was linked to some personal problems / mental health stuff going on, I recall). Seemed happy enough whenever I saw him in our local pub, mind.

By the end of his time at Saints he could save anything.

He's also, famously, terrible with his feet. Not a chance Potter would want him.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Micah Richards is available now as well. And Rickie Lambert. The point of this game is we are trying to create a team that had one good season ages ago isn't rather than sensible suggestions?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
If Arteta brings Leno back in to the team I’d like Arsenals second choice keeper Martinez but having seen his recent performances his stock must be rising really fast.

Forster is rubbish, love the ‘according to Wiki he was prone to a few mistakes’ comment :lolol: that’s nearly as good as ‘hes good on FM’. I would prefer Ryan over Forster, any day.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Only one Maty Ryan

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Maty Ryan is the man for us. Ok he had a mare last game but he is mustard

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
I think we're absolutely fine with Matt Ryan. And to be honest I think the notion of replacing him is a bit bizarre at the moment. Clearly our biggest problem this season has been scoring goals.
For me replacing Ryan at the moment has two big problems;
1. It does nothing to address our goal scoring problem. For the sake of argument and taking out all constraints etc, if we signed De Gea tomorrow we would still struggle to score goals.

2. Because Matt Ryan is a very good keeper, if you want to replace him with someone better you would have to spend a fortune. This would decrease the amount of money we have available to address our goal scoring problems, which surely is the priority.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here