Kick-off: 20:15 BST
Referee: Andre Marriner
Assistants: Sian Massey-Ellis, Neil Davies
Fourth Official: John Brooks
Reserve Assistant Referee: Timothy Wood
VAR: Andrew Madley
Additional VAR: Peter Kirkup

TEAM NEWS

Brighton midfielder Steven Alzate requires surgery on a groin injury and will miss the rest of the season.

He joins Jose Izquierdo on the sidelines, but they are head coach Graham Potter's only absentees.

Southampton manager Ralph Hasenhuttl has said he may make changes to his starting XI given the tight turnaround between fixtures for his side.

The injured trio of Sofiane Boufal, Moussa Djenepo and Yan Valery have again been ruled out.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• [*=left]Brighton are the side Southampton have faced the most in the Premier League without losing, having gone undefeated in all five matches against them.
    [*=left]The Saints have lost just two of their past 19 matches against the Seagulls in all competitions.
    [*=left]Brighton's solitary league win in six matches at St Mary's was in League One in November 2009.
Southampton

• [*=left]Southampton are the only Premier League side this season to have earned more points away than at home (17 home, 28 away).
    [*=left]One more home defeat would set a new club league record of 11 in a season.
    [*=left]The Premier League record for most home defeats in a single campaign and avoiding relegation is 11 by Hull City (2008-09), Sunderland (2013-14) and Chrystal Palace (2016-17).
    [*=left]After scoring in seven of his first 11 home league matches this season, Danny Ings has netted in just one of his last six at St Mary's.
Albion

• [*=left]Brighton are unbeaten in five Premier League away games (W1, D4), which is the longest current run in the top flight.
    [*=left]If they avoid defeat in this match they would set a new club record for top-flight away games without losing.
    [*=left]They are aiming to win consecutive top-flight away fixtures for only the third time after April 1981 and October to November 2017.
    [*=left]They have won just two of their 21 midweek Premier League matches, beating Chrystal Palace in December 2018 and Arsenal earlier this season.
    [*=left]Graham Potter's only Premier League experience as a player was eight appearances for Southampton in 1996-97. His only victory in those matches was a famous 6-3 win over Manchester United in October 1996.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
3 points please would be great for when I wake up tomorrow.
Then the last 2 games could be treated as pre season friendlies.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So excited

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
Come on the Albion! Decent performance and at least a point.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Let’s just not start like we’re on Mogadon and we thought the fixture is this coming Saturday.

Please

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Yep big challenge tonight, definitely not how I saw this game 3 weeks ago.
If they press in the same way they did against United we could struggle.

Hoping for, rather than expecting 3 points to keep the dream alive.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Tough game tonight; a point at Southampton could be very valuable at the end of the season.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Potter definitely conceded the points on Saturday with the next 3 in mind.
A big performance in this one is required to quieten the doubters.

Someone made the point yesterday that the next 3 games will really give us a good view on where we are at as a club.
If we manage to go unbeaten then things are definitely on the up.

Saints and Burnley have been performing well since the restart, but I'm hopeful we can get results from the next 3 games.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Tough game tonight; a point at Southampton could be very valuable at the end of the season.

Very much this. Although suspect the Newcastle game will be the key. Just don't want to be on the end of a big defeat affecting our GD tonight. A draw would be amazing.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I'm working. I never work match days, especially away match days, but put myself down to work until 4:30 and home for the match. Will the days of away travel ever happen again in my life time?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Very much this. Although suspect the Newcastle game will be the key. Just don't want to be on the end of a big defeat affecting our GD tonight. A draw would be amazing.

Ok, ok. I expected the flak i got for wanting Villa to beat Palace. That was fair enough, with all the mathematical permutations available and a naturally cautious fanbase.

BUT!!

Enough is enough!!!!!

Worrying about the impact to our Goal Difference!!
Against Southampton!!

I agree it's a tough game, but not a "happy with keeping it down to 2" game

FFS!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here