Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Trump makes the main board but Johnson doesn't.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I do find it interesting how a thread on how Donald Trump, president of the USA has been handling the major issues in the USA (China, Russia, the US Economy, Covid, Corruption, etc) has been on the Main Board for over 3 years.

However, if I was to start a thread on how Boris Johnson, prime minister of the UK has been handling the major issues in the UK (Covid, Brexit, the economy, corruption etc) it would immediately be moved to the Bear Pit or the Covid sub forum.

Even though the second thread effects the vast majority of NSC posters far more than the first, yet we shouldn't talk about it on the main board.

Just saying like :shrug:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The first rule of fight club is.....

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
For the very obvious reason that it’s hasn’t been hijacked by:
a) The anti Tory grandstanders; with their adversaries
b) Brexiteers, plus some racists living on the edge in their posts.

Almost a truce of 99.9% of posters sticking to US mayhem. The two Trump luvies disappeared under the shear weight of opposition.

But it will only take a bit of shite stirring in hijacking it for UK politics to get it consigned to The Bear Pit. Which would be a shame. Something for [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] to keep an eye on, please.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
For the very obvious reason that it’s hasn’t been hijacked by:
a) The anti Tory grandstanders; with their adversaries
b) Brexiteers, plus some racists living on the edge in their posts.

Almost a truce of 99.9% of posters sticking to US mayhem. The two Trump luvies disappeared under the shear weight of opposition.

But it will only take a bit of shite stirring in hijacking it for UK politics to get it consigned to The Bear Pit. Which would be a shame. Something for [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] to keep an eye on, please.

Exactly. Certain posters missing their opportunity to grandstand/dish out abuse on the Big Board. The thing is I am pretty sure I could write the posts they would make and the equally predictable replies.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
However, if I was to start a thread on how Boris Johnson, prime minister of the UK has been handling the major issues in the UK (Covid, Brexit, the economy, corruption etc) it would immediately be moved to the Bear Pit or the Covid sub forum.

Why would you start a new thread? You seem to be quite happy posting snide little anti-Boris or anti-Brexit posts on to perfectly harmless threads about something entirely different.

Bear pit. Tic toc tic toc..........

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The poll about The Bear Pit showed a ridiculously huge majority in favour of it.

NSC’s Main Board and new posts had been hijacked by a few highly politicised characters on a mission to turn [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]’s football/general chat ‘baby‘, into their vehicle. From the right and left btw.

For the vast majority, borne out by the poll, that had turned NSC into an always very serious and miserable place. I know some members who gave NSC a swerve for that reason, they’ve since returned.

The Trump thread has evolved into an amicable place to condemn an evil leader, with absolutely no interest in George Floyd, his corrupt and inept policies fuelling covid.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The thing is I am pretty sure I could write the posts they would make and the equally predictable replies.

200.gif

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Why would you start a new thread? You seem to be quite happy posting snide little anti-Boris or anti-Brexit posts on to perfectly harmless threads about something entirely different.

Bear pit. Tic toc tic toc..........

Unless you're talking about an involuntary muscle movement, I think you will find it is spelt tick tock :thumbsup:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
The poll about The Bear Pit showed a ridiculously huge majority in favour of it.

NSC’s Main Board and new posts had been hijacked by a few highly politicised characters on a mission to turn [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]’s football/general chat ‘baby‘, into their vehicle. From the right and left btw.

For the vast majority, borne out by the poll, that had turned NSC into a always very serious and miserable place. I know some members who gave NSC a swerve for that reason, they’ve since returned.

The Trump thread has evolved into an amicable place to condemn an evil leader, with absolutely no interest in George Floyd, his corrupt and inept policies fuelling covid.

I think you're right but it is a shame. I'm from the days when the things that had significant effects on us all used to be able to be discussed in a mature manner on NSC.

Oh well, onwards and upwards :shrug:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I think you're right but it is a shame. I'm from the days when the things that had significant effects on us all used to be able to be discussed on NSC.

Oh well, onwards and upwards :shrug:

It got out of hand, this year particularly.

If only all sides had exhibited some restraint and flexibility of thought. Alas.

NSC imho has become far happier and friendlier, probably fuelled also by the season saving Arsenal and Norwich wins.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
NSC has been saved by the bear pit.

Certain posters pushing their repetitive and spiteful agendas.

Something had to be done, and now NSC has pulled through the growing toxification of the internet and has a bright future.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

For the vast majority, borne out by the poll, that had turned NSC into an always very serious and miserable place. I know some members who gave NSC a swerve for that reason, they’ve since returned.

Deeper_Hero_main-min.png

Naughty:wink:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I am sure that is Watfords intention to get someone to do just that.

I'm sorry but you couldn't be more wrong. My intention is to have a mature discussion about what the British Government is doing (which obviously always has and always will have significant effects on us all) avoiding the insults etc which seem to be so prevalent of late.

I'll post tomorrow on what I believe to be the most significant thing that the government is currently doing and see if a sensible discussion can be had.

I've always been a born optimist :thumbsup:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I'll post tomorrow on what I believe to be the most significant thing that the government is currently doing and see if a sensible discussion can be had.

I've always been a born optimist :thumbsup:

I predict that whatever topic you want to discuss will remain cordial until such time as someone dares to have a different opinion to yours.

Your just gutted that only you and three of your cohorts are left in the pit salivating like rabid dogs, never mind it’ll be August soon and you can start a new thread on the governments handling of the COVID Virus [emoji6]

(Not edited by Chicken Run 3 mins ago)

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I predict that whatever topic you want to discuss will remain cordial until such time as someone dares to have a different opinion to yours.

Your just gutted that only you and three of your cohorts are left in the pit salivating like rabid dogs, never mind it’ll be August soon and you can start a new thread on the governments handling of the COVID Virus [emoji6]

(Not edited by Chicken Run 3 mins ago)

Maybe you should have edited it - it's You're :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here