Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Brentford

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Absolutely relentless chasing the top 2 down. Would love to see them come up . West Brom could have a tricky game at Huddersfield who will need the points at the bottom.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
In terms of form, West Brom have amongst the two worst teams in the division up next (Udders & QPR). If they blow this, it’ll be a miracle.

However, it’s much nicer having only one Albion in the top tier.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
I know there's no love lost between Brentford's owner and Uncle Tony, but I too would love Brentford to go up! Brentford fans I've come across so far are bloody nice people and proper football fans.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Think they currently would be quite likely to stomp any opposition in the playoffs. They play nice football and would be happy for Jansson to reach the PL, he deserves it.

Also, Potter beat them three times last season.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
In terms of form, West Brom have amongst the two worst teams in the division up next (Udders & QPR). If they blow this, it’ll be a miracle.

However, it’s much nicer having only one Albion in the top tier.

They have also played the most boring football in England for the last 20 years or so.

tronnogull

May 17, 2010
If TB wants them to struggle then that's good enough for me. I'm cheering for them to have a heart breaking loss in the play offs. And then to fade dramatically next season.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I don't want Brentford to get promoted, purely because they look a real threat.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I know there's no love lost between Brentford's owner and Uncle Tony, but I too would love Brentford to go up! Brentford fans I've come across so far are bloody nice people and proper football fans.

This.
Alway's love going to watch Albion play at their cowshed, even better now at the Amex Part Deux.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019

And enlightened too. The several hundred who relentlessly chanted/spat: “HIV, HIV, HIV” at us on our circa 1995/6 Griffin Park visit were marvellous.

Would love them to come up at the expense of LUFC though.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not missing Maupay at all

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Wish it was Leeds rather than WBA they were on the verge of catching, but still. Well done Brentford.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Wish it was Leeds rather than WBA they were on the verge of catching, but still. Well done Brentford.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't really mind Leeds going up. I think they'll be good entertainment. They always bring a big following* and some of the best games at The Amex have been against them. We also have a decent record against them in recent years.

Seeing Brentford in the Premier League would be good too. They were my Granny's team (sadly she passed away in 2018) so I've always had a bit of a soft spot for them.

WBA going up though...

giphy.gif

*obviously that might not be possible next season.

Jimmy Grimble

Top of the Championship this run-in has reminded me of the year we came 3rd.

We were on a very similar run to Brentford, sweeping teams aside while waiting and hoping for Burnley and Boro to drop points.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Both my late grandfather and my close mate are/were Brentford fans, so I keep one eye out for them most weeks. Would be delighted to see them make it up to the top tier.

I'd be happy to see West Brom balls it up...they really are a beige club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here