Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Just what do you do with a company called HUAWEI ?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Could they not re-brand HUAYIU? Plenty of free advertising at lower league games whenever a substitution happens.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
how can you leave politics out when its a political decision. they've been used and deployed upto now on commercial and technical merit.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
how can you leave politics out when its a political decision. they've been used and deployed upto now on commercial and technical merit.

I get keep politics out (but there are plenty here who would like HW in) but as st150 has posted local ?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
From what I've heard 5G is entirely unproblematic in every single regard so I don't see the issue. Of course the CPC should be allowed to build 400 000 masts in the UK: they are good at it and there's no downsides...

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Difficult to say if you are not allowed to mention politics ?

It is a global political issue though, Huawei are the major Chinese electronics firm who obviously do as their government bids and are intense rivals to US electronics companies. We ( the UK ) are just a pawn in a far bigger game and have been told/warned by Trump to decouple from Huawei and buy American or develop our own tech or incur the wrath of the Orange Baby. We need cheap Chinese imports for a gigantic amount of our businesses and Johnson needs a favourable deal with the US to claim some kind of victory over Brexit when we hit the reality of our mistake in leaving.

Ironically enough, I don't trust US tech companies any more than Chinese ones as they will both do the bidding of their political masters over the rights of UK government and citizens. Even our supposedly independent nuclear weapons are ultimately controlled by the US , if we were to fire one and the US did not want us to there are failsafe's in place to prevent it reaching its target.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
I get keep politics out (but there are plenty here who would like HW in) but as st150 has posted local ?

there isnt a domestic vendor though. and guess where this point will lead to.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
From what I've heard 5G is entirely unproblematic in every single regard so I don't see the issue. Of course the CPC should be allowed to build 400 000 masts in the UK: they are good at it and there's no downsides...

CPC are building anything. Vodaphone, 3, O2, EE and others are building the network. they want to use Huawei because they are cheaper and better spec than competitor branded devices. if say Ericsson, Qualcomm or others provide as cheap/good, they'll use them.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Even our supposedly independent nuclear weapons are ultimately controlled by the US , if we were to fire one and the US did not want us to there are failsafe's in place to prevent it reaching its target.

Really? Need to have a bit of proof of this. ???

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Even our supposedly independent nuclear weapons are ultimately controlled by the US , if we were to fire one and the US did not want us to there are failsafe's in place to prevent it reaching its target.

Really? Need to have a bit of proof of this. ???
Not sure about the failsafe but all launch systems for the UK nuclear arsenal are owned by the US and only loaned out to the UK.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
Not sure about the failsafe but all launch systems for the UK nuclear arsenal are owned by the US and only loaned out to the UK.

dont think thats correct either. the missiles themselves are leased, in a continuous cycle of transport/deployed/transport/refurbishment. its operationally independent from US once deployed.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Difficult to say if you are not allowed to mention politics ?

It is a global political issue though, Huawei are the major Chinese electronics firm who obviously do as their government bids and are intense rivals to US electronics companies. We ( the UK ) are just a pawn in a far bigger game and have been told/warned by Trump to decouple from Huawei and buy American or develop our own tech or incur the wrath of the Orange Baby. We need cheap Chinese imports for a gigantic amount of our businesses and Johnson needs a favourable deal with the US to claim some kind of victory over Brexit when we hit the reality of our mistake in leaving.

Ironically enough, I don't trust US tech companies any more than Chinese ones as they will both do the bidding of their political masters over the rights of UK government and citizens. Even our supposedly independent nuclear weapons are ultimately controlled by the US , if we were to fire one and the US did not want us to there are failsafe's in place to prevent it reaching its target.

The US spies on its own people more than other countries. So yea I dont trust them either but there is something very sinister about how China uses its technology to control its people.

Also the US control of our weapons is fake news https://www.forces.net/long-reads/lima-charlie-who-really-controls-uks-nuclear-deterrent

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The US spies on its own people more than other countries. So yea I dont trust them either but there is something very sinister about how China uses its technology to control its people.

Also the US control of our weapons is fake news https://www.forces.net/long-reads/lima-charlie-who-really-controls-uks-nuclear-deterrent
There was a test firing of an unarmed UK Trident missile a few years ago. A problem occurred a few seconds in to the launch and the missile " was" self destructed, by a signal from the good ol USA before we could do it.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here