Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Zac emmerson

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
The guy is barely born yet, perhaps could wait a little bit before expecting him to save the club from relegation and before comparing him with a number of failed talents.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
I hope the U23s is the next step for him, not a loan. I realise he's already got a little bit of senior experience, but he's still a child. There's no need to rush him. Loans can be pretty crushing experiences and there's no guarantee of playing time. If he appears for the U23s but it's then evident he's not quite ready the option is there to drop back into the U18s.

I would like to see him in the u23 next season. As someone said above let him break the u18s scoring record then a couple of seasons aming to break any u23 scoring record, leaving a trail behind him if he can.

Then see from there. At least he would have something to look back on if things went wrong.

ifightbears

Jul 19, 2010
Cornwall
Another for Zak today just now, some boy...

First Albion player to score 11 in a u18 premier league season ever.

Assist from... yep Andy Moran

Another start for (15 year old!) Josh Hinshelwood.

Last edited:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
The guy is barely born yet, perhaps could wait a little bit before expecting him to save the club from relegation and before comparing him with a number of failed talents.

I've come to this thread late, but yeah l completely agree, playing a young kid too early in big boys games, can ruin a player's progress.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Well hopefully it is, but slowly and surely is the way to achieve it. We've all seen kids who are absolutely prolific at his age, but then fade away.

Indeed. I remember Jake Robinson banging them in for fun and more recently Arron Connolly of course although accept he may come good one day.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
How many years?

He tweeted that he has signed but didn't give details.

But as a 17 year old the maximum contract allowed is 3 years. 18 year olds can sign for 5 years.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Off to Blackpool permanently?

Wtf this kid was scoring for fun last season right ?

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Whenever a very young, talented player moves from a club, I look at the map.

Blackpool seems to be a lot closer to his family in Oldham. If there is a permanent transfer happening, I think that is the answer to why.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Whenever a very young, talented player moves from a club, I look at the map.

Blackpool seems to be a lot closer to his family in Oldham. If there is a permanent transfer happening, I think that is the answer to why.
We won’t sell a hot prospect for the future because of a bit of homesickness. Let him go there on loan for a season if they want him. ( if they can, that is, not sure he’s old enough to be loaned)

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Before anyone says it appreciate White transfer pays for academy for a few years. Not counting ones we have paid decent fees for we seem to have signed over years dozens of youngsters from UK and abroad with great write ups when signed that we than let go after a couple of years. I know it is not easy to spot PL potential but is this bad scouting or do we get them in to help our under 21s and hope. Sanches an exception and Molumby i think only one to get to championship standard

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
We won’t sell a hot prospect for the future because of a bit of homesickness. Let him go there on loan for a season if they want him. ( if they can, that is, not sure he’s old enough to be loaned)

You can loan players within the UK when they're under 18, it's just loaning abroad that you can't do.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Hoping this turns out to be a loan

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Before anyone says it appreciate White transfer pays for academy for a few years. Not counting ones we have paid decent fees for we seem to have signed over years dozens of youngsters from UK and abroad with great write ups when signed that we than let go after a couple of years. I know it is not easy to spot PL potential but is this bad scouting or do we get them in to help our under 21s and hope. Sanches an exception and Molumby i think only one to get to championship standard

How many Premier League sides are packed with academy graduates? The simple fact is many won't make the grade. Others may be good enough for top flight football buy they've a hell of a job in their hands to displace a first team regular.

I'd say we're doing pretty well in this respect though. How many academy players have we given game time to in recent years?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here