Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Zac emmerson

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
There does appear to be an lower age limit for Premier League games.

According to the Premier League handbook

https://resources.premierleague.com...6-ad09c6f0e328/2020-21-PL-Handbook-200121.pdf

I know there are a handful of players who have played aged 15 in the Football League (Reuben Noble-Lazarus being the youngest) and League Cup (Harvey Elliott for Fulham springs to mind) but I cannot find anywhere in their rules etc where an age limit is defined.

Thanks for the answer and the research. Looking at that, though, it would appear that only players under the U16 age group are not allowed in the senior team. The U16 group, I imagine includes 15 year olds; so presumably we do have a lower age limit, but 15 year olds are OK and can play in the first team? (in theory - unlikely to happen I know!)

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Thanks for the answer and the research. Looking at that, though, it would appear that only players under the U16 age group are not allowed in the senior team. The U16 group, I imagine includes 15 year olds; so presumably we do have a lower age limit, but 15 year olds are OK and can play in the first team? (in theory - unlikely to happen I know!)

If we could time travel and pick up the 15 year old Messi, he'd be good enough for our team.

I suppose the rule is there for child protection or at the insistence or the competitions insurer

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I know there are a handful of players who have played aged 15 in the Football League (Reuben Noble-Lazarus being the youngest) and League Cup (Harvey Elliott for Fulham springs to mind) but I cannot find anywhere in their rules etc where an age limit is defined.

Plus some bloke called Zak Emmerson who was 15 when he made his League Two debut for Oldham, and someone called Jensen Weir who was 15 when he played in the EFL Trophy for Wigan.

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
Played a full 90 minutes today vs Arsenal in a 3-2 win and bagged two goals to keep his impressive start going.

8 in 9 now for him in under 400 minutes of action.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Played a full 90 minutes today vs Arsenal in a 3-2 win and bagged two goals to keep his impressive start going.

8 in 9 now for him in under 400 minutes of action.

Good to see the U18s are being properly trained to concede at the end of extra time. It's the Brighton way - and to do it at both half time and full time is impressive!
:thumbsup: :)

ifightbears

Jul 19, 2010
Cornwall
He so could. Hes a 16 year old playing in the u18s let him learn the game before putting any pressure on the kid.

Agreed. Let him at least break the Albion record for a top scorer in a season in the u18 premier league (current record - 10 goals - Tolaj 18/19 and Ljubicic 17/18)

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;9768326 said:
Lovely finish yesterday

[tweet]1367463716804063239[/tweet]

More coaching required there though.

Surely, a 50 yard pass backwards to the right full back would have been the better option?

This would have enabled, us to get 3 up, (them to get 11 back and) precipitate a series of a couple of dozen passes left and right across the box which normally results in a throw in the the opposition or at best allows us to try to get a shot away through 7 defenders.

We'll "improve" the lad, don't worry

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
More coaching required there though.

Surely, a 50 yard pass backwards to the right full back would have been the better option?

This would have enabled, us to get 3 up, (them to get 11 back and) precipitate a series of a couple of dozen passes left and right across the box which normally results in a throw in the the opposition or at best allows us to try to get a shot away through 7 defenders.

We'll "improve" the lad, don't worry

That time of the month?

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
And Joe Gatting too

Difference is this kid broke into a Football League first team already. Wonder if he'll be out on loan soon or up into the U23s

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I hope the U23s is the next step for him, not a loan. I realise he's already got a little bit of senior experience, but he's still a child. There's no need to rush him. Loans can be pretty crushing experiences and there's no guarantee of playing time. If he appears for the U23s but it's then evident he's not quite ready the option is there to drop back into the U18s.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here