Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Maurice Roeves - actor has sadly passed away

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
Famous for a number of acting roles. My especial memory was his playing of the role of Colonel Edmund Munro in The Last Of The Mohicans.

RIP

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
RIP Maurice, an incredible catalogue of film and TV work there.

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Famous for a number of acting roles. My especial memory was his playing of the role of Colonel Edmund Munro in The Last Of The Mohicans.

RIP

One of those actors that popped up in so many roles on tv and film. He became very good friends with Wes Studi, who played Magua in 'Last of the Mohicans', even introduced Studi to Haggis.

RiP Maurice.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
His name didn't stick out to me, so I've just looked at his IMDb profile...

Dixon of Dock Green, Oh What a Lovely War! (parts filmed in Brighton!), The Sweeney, Jackanory, Magnum PI, Dr Who, Remington Steele, Bergerac, Days of Our Lives, Rumpole of the Bailey, Baywatch, Cheers, Star Trek TNG, Murder She Wrote, Judge Dredd, Hillsborough (TV movie in which he plays David Duckenfield), A Touch of Frost, Waking the Dead, Eastenders, The Bill, Skins, The Damned United, Brighton Rock (remake), The Eagle has landed and the aforementioned Last of the Mohicans.

That is a very wide ranging, impressive list of credits. A decent career on both sides of 'the pond'. How many people can say they were in Eastenders and Murder She Wrote?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
His name didn't stick out to me, so I've just looked at his IMDb profile...

Dixon of Dock Green, Oh What a Lovely War! (parts filmed in Brighton!), The Sweeney, Jackanory, Magnum PI, Dr Who, Remington Steele, Bergerac, Days of Our Lives, Rumpole of the Bailey, Baywatch, Cheers, Star Trek TNG, Murder She Wrote, Judge Dredd, Hillsborough (TV movie in which he plays David Duckenfield), A Touch of Frost, Waking the Dead, Eastenders, The Bill, Skins, The Damned United, Brighton Rock (remake), The Eagle has landed and the aforementioned Last of the Mohicans.
Also excellent in Danger UXB and brilliant with Robbie Colltrane in the wonderful Tutti Frutti.

RIP Sir.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
John William Pure Mad Mental Intae Yoor Body Simpson Craig Gemmell Chib The Barn Rib Racker No Real Young Rebel Ya Bas St John McGurn aka Young Young McGurn in Rab C Nesbitt.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004

RIP

This for me! Saw the headline about his passing and sadly like many my initial reaction was who? However, googled him and on seeing him he's one of those actors you see in loads of things of great stuff. His stubbornness as Monroe was a great turn.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Also in Who Dares Wins (the film)

Yep, memorably shouting at Lewis Collins after he froze “come on Peter, move yourself!”

Great film. Great music.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here