Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Summer Transfer Window 2020

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Never been the same since Sky stopped sending roving reporters to be abused outside the Stoke, Everton and Sunderland training grounds.

Or Odemwingie without his club’s knowledge pulling up in his car at Loftus Road, trying to force through a transfer, chatting to TV crews.

Stumpy Tim

Wide areas need an upgrade. I wonder if CM might be less of a priority this time around? Molumby will come back who has done well at Millwall and Alzate will also be in contention once fit. I think a new CM may depend upon whether they can move Stephens on a decent fee. If Potter doesn't rate Bernardo and he doesn't seem to then a new LB might be on the list too? Burn has done OK but offers little in an attacking sense.

We don´t really play proper wide players though, so would be surprised us to sign anyone who are out-and-out wingers. Also, while Molumby has had great reviews, he hasn´t been in the Millwall team of late.

I suspect Ali-J, Stephens and Bernardo will be moved on for decent fees, and maybe Solly. We´ll likely be after a central midfielder and obviously a striker like every single other year

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Interesting this time if only to see what happens with less money about? Will it simply be that little or nothing happens apart from the doped teams? Or will the others get realistic with valuations and creative with swaps etc?

From an Albion perspective do we have any cash? Can we eek out extra to maybe to buy in a good market for once? Do we have anyone we can move on for serious money to boost our pot Dunk? White? etc Should we?

Another striker is a must but where will we look to strengthen otherwise?

Lots of questions...

I have a question.
Which ones are the doped teams ?

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
We don´t really play proper wide players though, so would be surprised us to sign anyone who are out-and-out wingers. Also, while Molumby has had great reviews, he hasn´t been in the Millwall team of late.

I suspect Ali-J, Stephens and Bernardo will be moved on for decent fees, and maybe Solly. We´ll likely be after a central midfielder and obviously a striker like every single other year

You're right about wingers really. Very few out and out wingers around these days. I think Maupay could end up out there if we end up playing a 4-3-3 so they could be more wide striker than winger. I hope personally we don't move Solly on, frustrating though he undoubtedly is I think there is a good player in there and with time and coaching maybe a very good LB? He does need to step up though as time is running out for him to make it at PL level. For me a lot of it seems to be confidence as much as anything. He always seems to me at least to play within himself

Last edited:

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Odsonne Edouard and John Swift to start with please.

Would love John McGinn if Villa go down as well.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Assuming we're still only allowed to sign players that nobody has ever heard of, I think I've found our man :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccptCn27rXs

Reminds me very much of a young Murray (only 21), banging them in for fun in the Spanish second tier, already capped by Uruguay at senior level, would definitely have that 'moneyball'/'one for the future' tag that we know the club love so much, and our last couple of signings from Almeria didn't turn out too badly...

Get him in, Tony! :cheers:

Might be tricky to prise away due to their promotion prospects and Saudi sheikh owner. Almería have just missed out on automatic after losing last night but are still in with a chance via the playoffs. Last summer they spent more on transfers than a lot of top flight clubs.

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
Roman Yaremchuk is one lad we should be looking at. Decent scoring record for Gent, Ukranian international, reminds me of a young Glenn Murray with a bit of pace. He'd suit us perfectly and wouldn't break the bank.

Edon Zhegrova is another one to look at. Left footed, right winger and reminds me a little bit of Anthony Knockaert. Plays for Genk but was on loan to Basel this season. Don't look too much at the stats, watch him in a game.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Going to be an interesting window this

With FFP basically no longer a thing and clubs counting the pennies we are going to see a lot of big transfers and loan/swap deals.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Well judging from the club tweet today it seems that we have made our first signing of the window already, and what a signing... Ben White [emoji122][emoji122]

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Well judging from the club tweet today it seems that we have made our first signing of the window already, and what a signing... Ben White [emoji122][emoji122]

I'm surprised Leeds have allowed him to leave.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I'm surprised Leeds have allowed him to leave.

Yeah strange lack of ambition from Leeds.

But as Paul Robinson said on Sky yesterday.
Top players will want to sign for Leeds now they are back.

Suspect Bruno Fernandes, Sterling and Salah have been straight onto their agents to sort something out.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If B'muff go down, I'd be interested in Callum Wilson. He's 28 and could be a Murray upgrade.

Besides, look at his full name: Callum Eddie Graham Wilson

It's bound to happen.

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean
Ismaila Sarr when Watford go down and Mitrovic when Fulham fail to come up will do me nicely. Add a left back, a centre mid and of course Ben White, and that could be us done.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Might be tricky to prise away due to their promotion prospects and Saudi sheikh owner. Almería have just missed out on automatic after losing last night but are still in with a chance via the playoffs. Last summer they spent more on transfers than a lot of top flight clubs.

they're 3rd now, I'm sure if they were to miss out for a second time the lure of first team pl football plus probably a considerable wage increase would prove too much to resist

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Have you seen him play much?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Roman Yaremchuk is one lad we should be looking at. Decent scoring record for Gent, Ukranian international, reminds me of a young Glenn Murray with a bit of pace. He'd suit us perfectly and wouldn't break the bank.

Edon Zhegrova is another one to look at. Left footed, right winger and reminds me a little bit of Anthony Knockaert. Plays for Genk but was on loan to Basel this season. Don't look too much at the stats, watch him in a game.

Cheers, Leandro.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Yeah, right. No way would he come here.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It is no generalisation to say that Leeds United fans in Twitter are currently unbearable.

Why would Ben White want to play for a small club in a druggie town like Brighton ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here