Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Summer Transfer Window 2020

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Confirmed that the transfer window will open on 27th July and close on 5th October.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
river

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So excited.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
With the season possibly starting on the 12th Sept, I’m a bit pissed off that we might have played up to half a dozen games before our squad is settled.

That said, I’m firmly on the “3 signings needed bus” so most of our business will be around shifting Hughton’s old school guard (who are all BHAFC legends but not top ten Premier League players under Potter) unless Chelsea, Arsenal &Spurs or the like come after Dunk or White.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Interesting this time if only to see what happens with less money about? Will it simply be that little or nothing happens apart from the doped teams? Or will the others get realistic with valuations and creative with swaps etc?

From an Albion perspective do we have any cash? Can we eek out extra to maybe to buy in a good market for once? Do we have anyone we can move on for serious money to boost our pot Dunk? White? etc Should we?

Another striker is a must but where will we look to strengthen otherwise?

Lots of questions...

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Interesting this time if only to see what happens with less money about? Will it simply be that little or nothing happens apart from the doped teams? Or will the others get realistic with valuations and creative with swaps etc?

From an Albion perspective do we have any cash? Can we eek out extra to maybe to buy in a good market for once? Do we have anyone we can move on for serious money to boost our pot Dunk? White? etc Should we?

Another striker is a must but where will we look to strengthen otherwise?

Lots of questions...

Right wing and midfield

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Confirmed that the transfer window will open on 27th July and close on 5th October.

Unbelievable, that haven't considered how this'll impact on Harry Redknapp and his Celebrity appearances when there are all of those car windows to hang out of

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
If we could only make one signing it'd be a big spend on a striker, Glenn Murray, but aged 25.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
If we could only make one signing it'd be a big spend on a striker, Glenn Murray, but aged 25.

Assuming we're still only allowed to sign players that nobody has ever heard of, I think I've found our man :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccptCn27rXs

Reminds me very much of a young Murray (only 21), banging them in for fun in the Spanish second tier, already capped by Uruguay at senior level, would definitely have that 'moneyball'/'one for the future' tag that we know the club love so much, and our last couple of signings from Almeria didn't turn out too badly...

Get him in, Tony! :cheers:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
With the season possibly starting on the 12th Sept, I’m a bit pissed off that we might have played up to half a dozen games before our squad is settled.

That said, I’m firmly on the “3 signings needed bus” so most of our business will be around shifting Hughton’s old school guard (who are all BHAFC legends but not top ten Premier League players under Potter) unless Chelsea, Arsenal &Spurs or the like come after Dunk or White.

Try looking at it from the perspective of the promoted clubs - they will have an almost impossible task of getting their squad up to speed in record time, with the likelihood that most transfers before the season starts will be at a premium price and hard to complete.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Right wing and midfield

Wide areas need an upgrade. I wonder if CM might be less of a priority this time around? Molumby will come back who has done well at Millwall and Alzate will also be in contention once fit. I think a new CM may depend upon whether they can move Stephens on a decent fee. If Potter doesn't rate Bernardo and he doesn't seem to then a new LB might be on the list too? Burn has done OK but offers little in an attacking sense.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Has anyone seen any mention of when the PL squad will need to be named by?

I have't seen a date yet, but as there is an additional domestic only transfer window between PL and EFL clubs that ends on October 16th I am guessing squads won't need to be submitted till after that date.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here