Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ainsley Maitland-Niles

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Not free.

Has made it be known via his circle that he wants out.

Contracted with the Gunners until 2023.

He’d cost £10m+.

10 million yes please... I think that's decent value for a young lad that can play in all sorts of positions.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
What is it with all these double barrel names in football these days.
They are beginning to sound like a bunch of Tarquins, or Conservative MPs.

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
Would be a great signing, he was phenomenal against City. I'm sure Arsenal would be reluctant to let him go but Arteta seems to be desperate to spend money this summer so maybe they'd be inclined to accept around £15m?

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Yes please - would be an excellent addition.

He needs a run in a side in a settled position. Anyone writing him off already - look how well Walker-Peters has been playing for Southampton recently now he's had a settled run in the side. I remember a number of posters on here also saying they didn't rate Walker-Peters and wouldn't want to sign him previously when we were linked.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
PB on Talksport just now...nicely dodged the question over this player......PB always comes across on TS very well......even SJ admitted what a great CEO he is...

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
I can imagine that quite a few good young players will see the the progress Lamptey has made in double quick time and consider us an option they would have quickly dismissed previously. If we got him for 10 million that would be a great piece of business.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Nothing to dislike here. Young, versatile and plenty of room for improvement.

I'm IN!

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Was rumoured to be a better player at his age than Alec Iwobi, so some prospect still, would love to have this sort of young burgeoning talent at the club.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I can imagine that quite a few good young players will see the the progress Lamptey has made in double quick time and consider us an option they would have quickly dismissed previously. If we got him for 10 million that would be a great piece of business.

This.

Elegantly expressed.

Could be the start of 'The club has a reputation for developing young talent, including young English talent, for their first team'.

Would it not be nice to see that replace '#teamslikebrigton' as the NSC strapline in a couple of years :wink:

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
This.

Elegantly expressed.

Could be the start of 'The club has a reputation for developing young talent, including young English talent, for their first team'.

Would it not be nice to see that replace '#teamslikebrigton' as the NSC strapline in a couple of years :wink:

Would be better if #teamslikebrighton became the standard description for newly promoted sides who spend wisely, adding to their promotion squad, and then push on to be established PL teams that others want to emulate.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
the more I think about this the more I would like him lining up alongside Biss in Centre Mid.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
It was interesting that a journo asked Graham Potter in today's press conference about the possibility of signing this young man.
The fact that the journo was confident enough to ask a question about a specific player makes it a little more intriguing than a random tweet from an unknown.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It was interesting that a journo asked Graham Potter in today's press conference about the possibility of signing this young man.
The fact that the journo was confident enough to ask a question about a specific player makes it a little more intriguing than a random tweet from an unknown.

I thought the response from Potter, whilst essentially being 'no comment' somehow included a bit of glint in his eye.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here