Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ainsley Maitland-Niles

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
Pretty sure Ben White has played in that position and played really well.
Although, I thought he was only right footed.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Although versatile not our highest priority...

1) LWB
2) Striker
3) Goalkeeper to challenge Ryan OR pacey creative midfielder
4) see 3.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Although versatile not our highest priority...

1) LWB
2) Striker
3) Goalkeeper to challenge Ryan OR pacey creative midfielder
4) see 3.
I'd say that LWB is a lower priority than striker.

If we have to wait until January then Burn/Bernardo/March won't let us down.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
According to the Moose this morning Maitland Niles to Wolverhampton is far from done, still a long way off on wages from what Wolverhampton have offered and what AMN is expecting, still time for us to hijack the deal.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I like the look of AMN as a player, can play several positions and looks a real talent.

However at £20m and at a time when we are overstocked in midfield I don’t think it’s one that’s worth breaking the bank over.

I’d genuinely really like to see Alzate, Biss and Mac Allister get the chance to push for those positions this season and spend our money on a LB (Rico Henry) and another striker (Núñez)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
According to the Moose this morning Maitland Niles to Wolverhampton is far from done, still a long way off on wages from what Wolverhampton have offered and what AMN is expecting, still time for us to hijack the deal.

Yeah because what we will pay as wages dwarfs what Wolves pay :smile:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Yeah because what we will pay as wages dwarfs what Wolves pay :smile:

Exactly. AMN is undoubtedly a good player, and on the right terms would be a great signing, but I certainly wouldn’t break our wage structure.

Personally, I’d like Cochrane to be given a chance at LWB, very promising when I’ve seen him for U23s.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
That’s fair as well. Whether we have sufficient funds is another issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
We have only 12 premier league matches between the close of the summer transfer window and the start of January.

If we can get our first choice now then great. But if we can't, it makes sense to wait and see where we stand at Christmas, both on the pitch and beyond.

We currently have a better squad than last season, and can afford to be patient.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
We have only 12 premier league matches between the close of the summer transfer window and the start of January.

If we can get our first choice now then great. But if we can't, it makes sense to wait and see where we stand at Christmas, both on the pitch and beyond.

We currently have a better squad than last season, and can afford to be patient.

We may have a better squad overall, but I simply do not agree re the forwards, an ageing Murray is not the answer, and without that style of player we are are very one dimensional in our options.

I think it is vital we sign a Murray replacement this window. Otherwise it will be difficult to sustain the continued improvement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
We may have a better squad overall, but I simply do not agree re the forwards, an ageing Murray is not the answer, and without that style of player we are are very one dimensional in our options.

I think it is vital we sign a Murray replacement this window. Otherwise it will be difficult to sustain the continued improvement.

I agree we need to sort out Murray's successor , but its more important than ever to get this one right.

Past mistakes have been too costly, we can't afford to get it wrong again.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I agree we need to sort out Murray's successor , but its more important than ever to get this one right.

Past mistakes have been too costly, we can't afford to get it wrong again.

It is, but we’ve been struggling with this since we entered the PL.

We need to pay top dollar and invest properly rather than speculative punts on players like Locadia.

It still could be the wrong player even then, but we’ve tried.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
It is, but we’ve been struggling with this since we entered the PL.

We need to pay top dollar and invest properly rather than speculative punts on players like Locadia.

It still could be the wrong player even then, but we’ve tried.

Even investing heavily doesn’t necessarily solve it. Brighton are just one of many clubs in need of another striker. Newcastle tried to solve their attack with a £40M Joelinton.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
We still have Andone. any news on that?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Even investing heavily doesn’t necessarily solve it. Brighton are just one of many clubs in need of another striker. Newcastle tried to solve their attack with a £40M Joelinton.

I agree, but I’d take Joelnton over the likes Locadia. I’d rather have a punt at a forward rather than a LWB.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here