Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ainsley Maitland-Niles

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
It's not impossible.

Get decent fees for Jahanbakhsh, Duffy, maybe March, even Pröpper and the sums look better...

Swap Propper for Stephens and i would probably agree.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
It's not impossible.

Get decent fees for Jahanbakhsh, Duffy, maybe March, even Pröpper and the sums look better...

Think in fairness this will be the transfer window where we sell a few players as listed above enabling us to add cash to the kitty in order to refresh and develop squad. In honesty, selling BW as as an example alongside a couple of fringe players would give us an excellent war chest..

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Think in fairness this will be the transfer window where we sell a few players as listed above enabling us to add cash to the kitty in order to refresh and develop squad. In honesty, selling BW as as an example alongside a couple of fringe players would give us an excellent war chest..

I think you're right. I thought it was noticeable when I heard Barber speaking the other day, I think to Albion Roar, about the work they had ahead this summer and he made reference to dealing with players going out. I'd never heard him say it quite so directly before.

It makes sense when we have got younger, cheaper players coming into the squad like Clarke and Molumby (not forgetting White) and whoever else Potter feels is ready from the development squad and loan army. It probably is the right time to move on older and more expensive players who are not likely to start anyway.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

If Dunk stays I think White will be sold. No more than just a gut feeling.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
If Dunk stays I think White will be sold. No more than just a gut feeling.

Was listening to some Leeds fan tv thing today, and they were reporting that White has refused (more than once) a 5 year contract with Brighton, because he wants to go to Leeds and Liverpool are also interested in him.

25-30 mil for a player who has never played in the 1st team. What a time to be alive

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Was listening to some Leeds fan tv thing today, and they were reporting that White has refused (more than once) a 5 year contract with Brighton, because he wants to go to Leeds and Liverpool are also interested in him.

They’re very itk these Leeds fans, very impressive. :lolol: ‘More than once’ as well :D

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

25-30 mil for a player who has never played in the 1st team. What a time to be alive

Real lesson here is obv to never listen to bullsh1t Leeds fan TV.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
They want to sell allegedly, but then slap a silly-high Zahaha-type price tag on him. WTF?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Irked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
[tweet]1289356536284774401[/tweet]

I'm on board with this.

According to the Sun ( :D ), Arteta doesn't want to sell him but the powers that be have decided it's happening. The player wants to stay in London and now Spurs have thrown their hat into the ring, along with Palace, West Ham and Fulham. Arsenal want 30 million but "might have to settle for 20 mill".

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
That video shows him scoring two goals from a combined distance of 5 yards and two good passes. If that's the best they've got to show, maybe he's not so "underrated" and "underappreciated".

He's not a £30m player.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
That video shows him scoring two goals from a combined distance of 5 yards and two good passes. If that's the best they've got to show, maybe he's not so "underrated" and "underappreciated".

He's not a £30m player.

In the Premier League £30m buys you potential now, nothing more

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

He's not a £30m player.

He mostly played in defensive positions. How many goals would Lamptey's highlight reel show?

They won't get 30 million for him though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here