Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] NSC Quiz League 2020- The Domestic Season

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Daily bounce. 22/42 in already. Good stuff.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Twenty years slogging around the country, for dull work, as well as away travel, comes in handy for this round :thumbsup:

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Being a bit of a train nerd has hopefully helped with a couple of the questions.

Cue me getting those ones wrong.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Being a bit of a train nerd has hopefully helped with a couple of the questions.

Cue me getting those ones wrong.

I'm looking forward to the set of questions on which service station is the last option before leaving the motorway for >< team for those that drive to away games.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Seemed a big ramp up in difficulty this week to me.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Daily Bounce

30/42 in already this week. You have till Thursday evening although the earlier the better for all the CUP FEVER there is.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
No, it's 'either' of them.

Not what the question asks.

But on the basis that you have answered the question as written, what happens with the two names you have given and one of the names is wrong, Do you still get the point or do you only take the first name and if that is wrong you don't get any points.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Not what the question asks.

But on the basis that you have answered the question as written, what happens with the two names you have given and one of the names is wrong, Do you still get the point or do you only take the first name and if that is wrong you don't get any points.

'Either' is an exclusive rather than distributory term in this case.

'I have two tickets, take either of them'

'Thanks, I'll have the ESU one'

However, if two answers are given (which quite a few entrants have done) the correct one will be taken if one is wrong.

Not an issue thus far as I think no one has got this question wrong yet.

Last edited:

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
I can see the answer to question 3 causing fist fights.

I assume that it is as the crow flies and from ground to ground - I have given my answers and checked it out and think I am correct . However Brighton Lines is the judge and jury. Fingers crossed.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I can see the answer to question 3 causing fist fights.

I assume that it is as the crow flies and from ground to ground - I have given my answers and checked it out and think I am correct . However Brighton Lines is the judge and jury. Fingers crossed.

It's a good point. Although I'm pretty sure the answers have been the same whether by road or walking. I often wonder whether a crow would take the shortest route anyway.

As a rule, I go by the shortest road distance. There have been clear winners thus far although I appreciate this one is pretty close.

It's what is known as the 'Aston Villa Question' with regard to these quizzes. Previous entrants will know. It's happened on only three or four of around 300 questions so far so I guess I should be okay with that.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
37/42 in now:
[MENTION=27150]Coldeanseagull[/MENTION]* [MENTION=11720]kevo[/MENTION] [MENTION=29364]Pickles[/MENTION] [MENTION=13265]Super Steve Earle[/MENTION]* [MENTION=21578]Worthingite[/MENTION]

Answers, please !

Ideally by tomorrow evening (but best done once you see this as folk forget)

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
37/42 in now:
[MENTION=27150]Coldeanseagull[/MENTION]* [MENTION=11720]kevo[/MENTION] [MENTION=29364]Pickles[/MENTION] [MENTION=13265]Super Steve Earle[/MENTION]* [MENTION=21578]Worthingite[/MENTION]

Answers, please !

Just logged in to do it :rolleyes:

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
37/42 in now:

Answers, please !

Just logged in to do it :rolleyes:

All done. A mix of the appliance of science and pure guesswork as usual. Included some of my working out for extra marks!

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Final day. And we are waiting for....
[MENTION=11720]kevo[/MENTION]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here