Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] NSC Quiz League 2020- The Domestic Season

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
After the fun of the inaugural league and the summer Euros the NSC league will enter its first domestic season shortly.

It will be a seasonal affair with summer, autumn, winter and spring leagues, each a month to six weeks in duration. The added fun will be promotion and relegation.

The seedings for the first of the competitions will be based upon entries and positions in the summer championship event.

The intention, all being well, is to run the seasons as follows (obviously this is flexible)

Summer League- July/August
Autumn League- October/November
Winter League- January/February
Spring League- April/May

There will be approx 13 in each league (dependent on entrants) and as many divisions as (Currently anticipating three/four).

Same rules as before. Everyone will answer the same set of questions but will be paired in fixtures against another in their league. One goal per answer. If you score more than your opponent in that fixture it's three points and a level score is one point. Your total amount of correct answers counts as overall 'goal difference', although tied league positions will first be determined by goals scored and not for and against difference.

The last couple of leagues were tremendous fun with 35 entrants in the summer championship and 26 staying on even after being knocked out.

It's being simplified to two rounds of fixtures in each week that will come from one block of questions. This means that entrants will only have to send answers once a week and they will cover two fixtures (makes it easier for me marking too).

So, I need to know who wants to take part. I've highlighted the previous entrants below but new entries are also welcome.

Please let me know if you want to be included by indicating on this thread. Ideally by Saturday so I can admin the first league to start next week.

Link to the Summer Championship thread for folk to take a look:

https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?379893-NSC-Quiz-Summer-Championships&highlight=
[MENTION=27836]Barham's tash[/MENTION] [MENTION=4675]Frutos[/MENTION] [MENTION=28934]AmexRuislip[/MENTION]* [MENTION=22929]Grombleton[/MENTION]* [MENTION=9822]KZNSeagull[/MENTION]* [MENTION=278]MattBackHome[/MENTION] [MENTION=275]MikeySmall[/MENTION]* [MENTION=13265]Super Steve Earle[/MENTION]* [MENTION=35]Timbo[/MENTION]* [MENTION=1272]bhafc99[/MENTION] [MENTION=3913]blue'n'white[/MENTION]
[MENTION=286]Garry Nelson's Left Foot[/MENTION] [MENTION=36229]GREASED WEASEL[/MENTION]* [MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION] [MENTION=12847]jessiejames[/MENTION] [MENTION=14114]Lincolnshire Seagull[/MENTION]* [MENTION=21056]Smirko[/MENTION] [MENTION=13022]Brighton4Cambridge3[/MENTION]* [MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION] [MENTION=20141]GloryDays[/MENTION]* [MENTION=21200]I remember the good times[/MENTION]* [MENTION=2854]John Boy[/MENTION]* [MENTION=2928]PILTDOWN MAN[/MENTION]* [MENTION=21502]Razzoo[/MENTION] [MENTION=37904]stewart12[/MENTION]* [MENTION=4417]The Complete Badger[/MENTION] [MENTION=34524]Frankie[/MENTION] [MENTION=1131]Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo[/MENTION] [MENTION=11720]kevo[/MENTION] [MENTION=34973]Lindfield23[/MENTION]* [MENTION=12101]Mellotron[/MENTION] [MENTION=21109]One Love[/MENTION] [MENTION=29364]Pickles[/MENTION]* [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] [MENTION=12422]Taybha[/MENTION]*

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
There was a lady on here who won a ground spotting competition in Twitter. She showed an interest in taking part but I can't find the thread. If anyone knows her NSC handle let me know.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Out of interest, how do you stop people just googling the answers?

I can't. It's based on trust. Although I do have a way of identifying 'irregular patterns' in answers.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Oh go on go on go on.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I can't. It's based on trust. Although I do have a way of identifying 'irregular patterns' in answers.

Fair enough. If I was getting stuffed my first thought would be that 'they're cheating' - and, to be brutally honest, in a tight spot I would be very tempted to use Google myself!

Good luck - I hope your quiz is a great success.
:thumbsuo:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yeah I’m in.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I'll give it a go

(it will patently obvious that I'm not a cheat)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here