Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Wigan - Hull 7-0 at half-time

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Presumably they are keen to stay up.

That puts them 12 points off the relegation places, with a better GD than the team in the first relegation spot which is currently, er, Hull.

A neat way of dealing with the 12 point deduction they are expected to receive.....

Funny old world.

I was listening to the excellent #priceoffootball podcast the other day and I'm pretty sure Kieran Maguire said there could be an additional 20pt deduction for something else.

May getting a tad confused with something else though.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I was listening to the excellent #priceoffootball podcast the other day and I'm pretty sure Kieran Maguire said there could be an additional 20pt deduction for something else.

May getting a tad confused with something else though.

As I understand it the second points deduction comes from how they exit administration or get an agreed company voluntary agreement in place. If the CVA isn't agreed by enough of the creditors then then a points deduction is applied. For example Coventry were deducted 10 points at the start of the 13-14 season as their CVA was rejected by the company who run the Ricoh Arena.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/23548760

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Hull probably went into this game thinking - "keep it tight, try and nick one - get out of the relegation zone".

Either that, or a maybe they are expecting a profusion of Asian registered Bentleys subsequently parked on several drives in Runnymede Way and its ilk?

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
So if we deduct the 12 points from Wigan's total, it leaves the bottom of the table like this:

Charlton p43, pts 46 gd -11
Wigan p44, pts 45 gd +1
--------------------------------
Hull p44, pts 45 gd -26
Luton p44, pts 45 gd -30
Barnsley

I can't see Barnsley staying up - they are away to Leeds and Brentford, home to Forest.

As for the others, well you couldn't make up the next round of fixtures on Saturday:
Charlton v Wigan
Hull v Luton

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Had completely forgotten Balogun is on loan to Wigan.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Gutted. Just gutted. I saw it was 7-0 at half time, and as happens so often with HT scorelines like that, I said to Mrs P, I bet it finishes only 8-0. Didn't bother actually putting any money on it though. :facepalm:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Gutted. Just gutted. I saw it was 7-0 at half time, and as happens so often with HT scorelines like that, I said to Mrs P, I bet it finishes only 8-0. Didn't bother actually putting any money it though. :facepalm:

Exact same.

(Except I said it to my own wife, rather than yours...)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here