Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for Southampton

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Just haven't seen enough of Bernardo. I wouldn't mind GP testing out Bernardo on left side midfield. I don't think GP will on Thursday or thereafter and Bernardo will fade away.

Bernardo tends to win pretty much everything in the air and this in itself is an asset. He also seems to be slightly better than Burn going forward. It would be good to see him get a decent run out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I am really surprised that everyone else is suggesting Ryan should play, despite his recent performances. Is it that people don't really mind his terrible distribution and inability to react to anything to his left? Or is that Button is so poorly rated that people would prefer not to even consider him as an alternative?

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
I am really surprised that everyone else is suggesting Ryan should play, despite his recent performances. Is it that people don't really mind his terrible distribution and inability to react to anything to his left? Or is that Button is so poorly rated that people would prefer not to even consider him as an alternative?

i think it is something to do with him being a very good keeper and yes better than Button ...

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Ryan is one of our first picks, and one of our better players. Dunk's ahead of him, for sure, but there aren't many others.
Ryan's distribution is excellent, bar long kicking. He's a good shotstopper, and rapid in coming off his line and closing down angles. Good decision making too. Chuck in a terrific character, and not only with NSC bar you and one or two others consider him a shoe-in, but both Hughton and Potter too. Ditto Australia's managers.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Ryan

Lamptey --- Webster --- Dunk --- Burn

Mooy --- Bissouma

Trossard --- Groß --- Mac Allister

Maupay

Subs : Button, Montoya, Bernardo, Pröpper, Stephens, Jahanbakhsh, Connolly, March, Murray

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Controversially:

Ryan

Lamptey --- Webster --- Dunk --- Burn

Stephens --- Bissouma

Ali J--- Gross --- March

Murray

Start carefully, keep the ball and gain back confidence after the last two games before bringing on the PACE in the second half and putting the foot down.

I really, truly hope not! That’s a really weak, pedestrian looking side. We’ll be totally out of the game before we bring the pace on!

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
i think it is something to do with him being a very good keeper and yes better than Button ...

I think if you look back at the goals we've been conceding recently, you might come to a different conclusion if you ask yourself the question, "why can't he move to his left?".

Ryan is one of our first picks, and one of our better players. Dunk's ahead of him, for sure, but there aren't many others.
Ryan's distribution is excellent, bar long kicking. He's a good shotstopper, and rapid in coming off his line and closing down angles. Good decision making too. Chuck in a terrific character, and not only with NSC bar you and one or two others consider him a shoe-in, but both Hughton and Potter too. Ditto Australia's managers.

He shouldn't be a shoe-in on reputation alone. His form has been poor in the last few games. He kicks the ball out of play every time, he doesn't make saves and anything to his left rolls past him with no chance of being saved. He's been terrible in the last few games and if I were Button I'd be very disappointed that the manager has such a low opinion of him as a back up to keep playing someone who isn't performing and is directly contributing to the alarming number of goals being conceded.

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
I think we need to start and go with the best available team who will be here next season.

Anyone's guess what that is.. I'd personally go for the 4-2-3-1 Ryan, Lamptey, Webster, Dunk, Burn, Mooy, Propper , Alexis, Gross, Trossard, Maupay

Jahanbaksh atleast needs to be on the bench, Bissouma can come on and add energy and change the game if we're losing, Murray needs to be an option from the bench as well possibly March as well

Agree I wanna see Jahankbaksh and Lamptey but I think AJ is not favoured and will probably be sold so not sure potter will even include him at all!

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I think if you look back at the goals we've been conceding recently, you might come to a different conclusion if you ask yourself the question, "why can't he move to his left?".

He shouldn't be a shoe-in on reputation alone. His form has been poor in the last few games. He kicks the ball out of play every time, he doesn't make saves and anything to his left rolls past him with no chance of being saved. He's been terrible in the last few games and if I were Button I'd be very disappointed that the manager has such a low opinion of him as a back up to keep playing someone who isn't performing and is directly contributing to the alarming number of goals being conceded.

You're having a problem here:
-- City, very much agreed
-- Norwich, hmmm, just how many did he concede?
-- Liverpool, explain away how he should have saved those three (I'm sure you will)
-- United, see Liverpool
-- Leicester, see Norwich
-- Arsenal, is it cos he is too short?

You also either didn't see the calamities Button produced, or have conveniently forgotten them.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

From what I have read, and heard, he’s incredibly dedicated and professional as well. But above all, he eats at Cin Cin.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here