Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Looks like they have arrested someone inside H&M

Screenshot_20200713-151326_Twitter.jpg

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
Clicking on The Argus website is dangerous as it always takes me down a rabbit hole. Maybe because I live away and the next story is always at the bottom of the page, I just find myself giddy with excitement reading absolute shite that doesn't concern me, purely because I know the street/pub/landmark/dogging hotspot they're reporting on.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Witness report

A passerby said the incident started in North Street.

He said: "It lasted about 45 minutes in total.

"I didn't see the very start, the first I saw was when the man was at the bottom of North Street with no shirt on with an alcohol bottle in each hand.

"He came running up the road with three cops after him.

"He kept asking them to show him some ID.

"Then more police arrived and joined the chase and he ended up in H&M.

"At one point there was a clothes rail between him and the cops.

"They pinned him down in the end to arrest him.

"There must have been 20 officers around to detain him."

Man*Tasered*

Sussex Police have provided statement on the incident at Churchill Square.

A spokesman said: "At about 2.10pm*police received a report of a man in possession of a smashed bottle threatening to harm himself inside a retail store in Western Road.

"Police attended and located the suspect, who also directed threats at officers.

"Due to concerns for the safety of themselves, the suspect and the wider community, a Taser was deployed and the man was safely detained.

"He has been arrested on suspicion of assaulting an emergency worker and public order offences and has been taken to hospital, under supervision, as a precaution.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Folks on twitter saying a pisshead was threatening people with broken bottles.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Witness report

A passerby said the incident started in North Street.

He said: "It lasted about 45 minutes in total.

"I didn't see the very start, the first I saw was when the man was at the bottom of North Street with no shirt on with an alcohol bottle in each hand.

"He kept asking them to show him some ID.

"Then more police arrived and joined the chase and he ended up in H&M.

"At one point there was a clothes rail between him and the cops.

"They pinned him down in the end to arrest him.

"There must have been 20 officers around to detain him."

Man*Tasered*

Sussex Police have provided statement on the incident at Churchill Square.

A spokesman said: "At about 2.10pm*police received a report of a man in possession of a smashed bottle threatening to harm himself inside a retail store in Western Road.

"Police attended and located the suspect, who also directed threats at officers.

"Due to concerns for the safety of themselves, the suspect and the wider community, a Taser was deployed and the man was safely detained.

"He has been arrested on suspicion of assaulting an emergency worker and public order offences and has been taken to hospital, under supervision, as a precaution.

I think we can fairly safely say members of our Police force didn't win any running races while at school.

SockMonster

Oct 12, 2007
Brighton
Could we not get Robert Codner down there with a fishing rod and roast chicken?

This made me laugh even though I have no idea what it means. Excuse my Albion trivia ignorance. I am however enjoying imagining where the reference comes from.....and why it is relevant to this incident.....

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This made me laugh even though I have no idea what it means. Excuse my Albion trivia ignorance. I am however enjoying imagining where the reference comes from.....and why it is relevant to this incident.....

Gazza doing the same for (gonna say) Raoul Moat, when he went on the run from the police.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here