Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
They both will smash your wage limit .

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Also reported here:

[tweet]1282367666892800006[/tweet]

Old Scott Chegg - that well known journo at ESPN...

Has a picnic of followers on twitter that lad but can get a big eggy if you call his sources bollocks...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Is this a joke? That’s a spoof account, Scotch Egg ffs :lol:

I think he’s genuine insider. If you look at his tweets he called the Pelle (Italian international) in Jan and also Ben Whites new contract in May...

WilburySeagull

Sep 2, 2017
Hove
Why can`t you understand it?
Allegedly he`s on 80k a week at Liverpool, also allegedly and i stand to be corrected our highest earners are 50/60k a week.
He might be on 80k at Liverpool. That means nothing when he is a free agent having to look for a club. Of course he may get a better deal elsewhere but if Potter thinks he could be useful having been a PL player for many years why not see if he is interested.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
What concerns me is this is a rare signing that I would recognised the player we are signing (I'm not great at recognising players that aren't ours). That's not great. Previous signings like this are: Lee Hendrie, Robbie Savage, Craig Mackail-Smith. Doesn't bode well, does it?

Wayne Bridge, Matthew Upson ???

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Surprising move, if true.

Very good player a few years ago, terrific character and pro I’m sure. But doesn’t he have horrific injury problems?

I trust the club, but seems quite a surprising left field move, and goes against the long term strategy overseen by Ashworth.

I’d go for more Lamptey type signings, but I trust the club.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Why does this get touted whenever a player is out of contract. He'll be on earning nothing come August. He's also the wrong side of 30, with a dodgy hamstrings, he'll be taking a big wage cut compared to his current Liverpool contract wherever he ends up. Of course his demands may not fit in with our wage structure, or we might sign him and a few weeks later Dunky signs a new deal as often seems to happen.
Yes, logically that's te way it should be. He's been on Liverpool wages for what - 4 or 5 years? - and before that at Southampton his wages would still have made the average man-in-the-street's eyes water. Unless he's got a serious drugs or gambling habit, he should be rolling in it.
Logic says a lower wage to keep playing football for another 3 or 4 years would seem reasonable - but I don't think players (and particularly their agents) see it that way, do they. "I'm on £100K plus a week, so I'm a £100K a week player, so that's what I'm entitled to" seems to be the mantra these days. Step forward Palarse, Wet Sham, etc., etc. If the poor lad thinks he could manage to scrape by on a mere £40 or £50K a week, he'd be a good signing for us ................. but ......................
:shrug:

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Would be a great Gross upgrade, I can't believe people wouldn't be happy with this! We can't just have a team on inexperienced youngsters, if we can get a few quality older heads then great!

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Would certainly give us additional much needed quality in the final third. Issues have been raised elsewhere I'd assume it would be the end for Gross should Lallana arrive. I think it unlikely though as it would run contrary to our attempts to lower the squad age

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Probably end up with a Llama called Alan to keep the grass short during close season , mind you would be interesting to hear what Warren thinks of the rumour.

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Worth listening to what Dean Hammond says about Lallana on The Albion, football and me podcast. Has a fantastic winning attitude - sounds like just the kind of player needed in the dressing room.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Would be a great Gross upgrade, I can't believe people wouldn't be happy with this! We can't just have a team on inexperienced youngsters, if we can get a few quality older heads then great!

How often has he played the past 2 years though?

Injuries is a valid concern.

DavePage

Isn’t the 9 appearances for Liverpool more to do with who is in front of him currently.
Pace doesn’t really matter if you can pass the ball accurately (especially to someone wearing the same colour shirt).
Still think he has plenty to give in a young team learning their way.
Yes for me, one season with options.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here