Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Adam Lallana

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Suffering ulcerative colitis obviously means it can pull him down at any time. Perhaps the medical team and dieticians have helped him more than Liverpool's.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
How cool is this guy? Not only a class footballer, but seems like such a down to earth bloke. No wonder Kloppo says he still misses him. :bowdown:

My favourite bit about this video, however, is his assessment of what led to the third Liverpool goal! Not sure what Potter will make of him saying it was "faffing around" but, let's face it, that's pretty much spot on!

[video]https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/my-albion-tv/videos/2319603/lallana-humbled-by-anfield-reception[/video]

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
How cool is this guy? Not only a class footballer, but seems like such a down to earth bloke. No wonder Kloppo says he still misses him. :bowdown:

My favourite bit about this video, however, is his assessment of what led to the third Liverpool goal! Not sure what Potter will make of him saying it was "faffing around" but, let's face it, that's pretty much spot on!

[video]https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/my-albion-tv/videos/2319603/lallana-humbled-by-anfield-reception[/video]

to be fair that was one of the daftest bits of football I've seen since watching the penguins at chessington 45 years ago.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
It's a joy watching Adam in the stripes. What a player.

I was very excited when we signed Lallana, but I’d be a liar if I said I didn’t expect him to be rarely available. Weirdly, despite playing probably the most physical football of his career his fitness is incredible. I was talking to my brother-in-law the other day, he coaches American Football, and he was talking about getting his players to understand the difference between being injured and playing hurt, that got me thinking about Lallana, I wonder if he’s now playing on with little knocks and niggles whereas previously he would have been warming the physio’s table, and does it go hand in hand with the deeper and more physical game he’s playing now?

Or maybe these are just the ramblings of someone who’s bored and just itching to get the Amex on Saturday:lol:

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
When he is good he is very, very good. We have some great options on midfield. And Mwepu’s performance last weekend was mouth watering.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Probably the classiest player we have ever had. We have been fortunate to get him and him staying fit. As said above, he is akin to a glue that keeps the whole thing together and a great influence on the rest of the squad.

Last edited:

tronnogull

May 17, 2010
I wonder whether Potter told him to man mark Henderson in the second half or whether he suggested it himself.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Lallana needs to be careful, that kind of comment could see him falling foul of some heavy hitters.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
It's a joy watching Adam in the stripes. What a player.

This!

Only been with us just over a season and already one of my favourite ever Albion players, I love him.

I tell my kids and the kids I coach to watch him closely when he's playing as he has so much class - wonderful touch and appreciation of space. The way he receives the ball on the half turn is brilliant and helps us in transition so often. Plus his ability in small spaces is quite unique. As you say, a total joy.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
He's what old school pundits called a schemer. Supreme football intelligence, quick talented feet, great range of passing and admirable determination to succeed. He thinks and talks brilliantly about the game and seems keen to move into coaching. I think he has every chance of being very successful. The likes of him, fellow football geek Gross, Welbeck and, of course Bruno being around this young group bodes very well for the future. Now if he could only score a bloody goal.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
He has an air about him that says he’s used to be being the most skilful player every time he’s stepped on the pitch, boy and man.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here