Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Adam Lallana

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
very much pinch-of-salt territory here, but sky have us at 1/3 to sign Adam lallana on a free:

https://m.skybet.com/football/transfer-specials/event/25447739

the only reason I post this is because they were way ahead of the curve on potter, having us as favourites for potter before there was murmur that Ch might be sacked.

this is more of a "would you want him" thread rather than a dedicated transfer thread (so no need to worry stat brother), personally I don't as I'm not sure he's worth the money for what he'd bring to the squad

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
Seems like an honest professional, I would like to sign him for a year to keep the kids on their toes.
Can he play in goal too?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
If he could stay fit I would take him in a heartbeat. Big IF though, could end up in us playing massive wages to a crock.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Doesn’t seem to fit the profile of the type of player we’ve been signing recently, I’d file this one under unlikely.

....perfect for palace though, ageing free transfer on huge wages......

Last edited:

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I'd like to see him here. Hugely experienced player who can teach the youngsters a lot and add some quality to the squad.

Same agent as Lewis Dunk and Aaron Mooy by the way...

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
He wants one more shot at England (which I don't think he'll get) and we have a rather loud England contact as our TD. Makes sense to me, and yes he's very good. It'll be good to have two Moy boys.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
He's an extremely talented footballer with great vision, and what seems to be a brilliant level of professionalism. All those factors mean I'm in. What goes against him is the following: expensive wages, injury-prone, probably keen to go elsewhere (eg Southampton) and, finally and most importantly, he lacks pace, and what we need in his kind of position is pace -- although he's certainly a different type of player to Mooy and Gross, he plays in more-or-less similar position(s). So, on balance, I'm out.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Imagine the increase in Dwayne activity? Through the roof. :ffsparr: Bad enough Potter bringing fanboys with him.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Can we afford his wages?

Why does this get touted whenever a player is out of contract. He'll be on earning nothing come August. He's also the wrong side of 30, with a dodgy hamstrings, he'll be taking a big wage cut compared to his current Liverpool contract wherever he ends up. Of course his demands may not fit in with our wage structure, or we might sign him and a few weeks later Dunky signs a new deal as often seems to happen.

I'd be delighted to sign him but have the niggling fear he'd end up another Paul Kitson or Jason Dodd.

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here