Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Adam Lallana

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Much as this could potentially be true (the interest) and would be a great signing, theres 13 pages based on odds of 1/3 and a tweet from an attention seeking kid... the odds movement were prob because a couple of idiots put a few quid after seeing the kids tweet no?!

I really hope it’s true as would be great but there’s not even a half arsed tabloid report to go on yet...?!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Hmm. Not so sure he'd pass as easily as you think. And his wage demands will be huge.

Didn’t one of the refs say to him he was a nice lad then when he got in the England squad he turned into a moaner / PreMadonna etc etc?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I asked my psychic dog. I told him to bark once for yes and twice for no.

He just looked at me.

I guess that means negotiations are ongoing.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The guy hasn't been injured for two years, but he hasn't has a lot of football either, so if he has looked after himself he could be quite productive for a new club.

If you look at where Liverpool have played him in the last 2 seasons it is really in the Dale Stephens position, however - no disrespect to Stephens - but Lallana is a better player so gets rid of the ball quicker in transition and breaks forward when the opportunity presents itself.

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
As others have said, he may well settle for a salary within our wage structure for a decent signing on fee. As and example a £5m signing on fee for a 4 year contract is the equivalent of £24k per week. Add that to say £45k within our structure and it’s not such a bad deal for him or us. Double that to £10m signing on fee and it’s still good for club and player.
Giving him a four-year contract would be an amazing deal for him.
Are you an agent, as you appear to have a fountain of knowledge regarding this?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Giving him a four-year contract would be an amazing deal for him.
Are you an agent, as you appear to have a fountain of knowledge regarding this?

‘as others have said’. Clue was at the start of the sentence.

Purely hypothetical on the basis of concluding we can’t afford his wages/ break our wage structure. I don’t know if we’re even looking at him, and I didn’t know he was 32 either. :shrug:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Really good interview on Skysports.com

Very honest about why we've not got the points our performances might have deserved.

Playing well but not getting enough points in reward has been the theme of Brighton's season. While Expected Goals data would place them among the European qualification spots, the facts are they are 16th, a point and a place worse off than at the same stage in Chris Hughton's final season.

Lallana refuses to just point to bad luck for that return - but is optimistic the Seagulls are on the right path under Potter.

"It's about shifting your mentality a little bit," he says. "You can perform well for 80 per cent, 90 per cent of the game but, at this level, if you drop off ever so slightly you get punished and we've been on the receiving end of that a lot this season.

"We can sit here and say we're unlucky but there's a part of it that shows we've not been unlucky. We've become passive through a certain part of the game or lost concentration for a certain part of the game.

"That's about evolving your mentality as a team and I've definitely seen improvements over the course of the year. Hopefully we can keep improving at that, stay up this year and hopefully set different goals for next season.

Full interview here
https://www.skysports.com/football/...elegation-battle-and-key-match-with-newcastle

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

Very honest about why we've not got the points our performances might have deserved.

Playing well but not getting enough points in reward has been the theme of Brighton's season. While Expected Goals data would place them among the European qualification spots, the facts are they are 16th, a point and a place worse off than at the same stage in Chris Hughton's final season.

Lallana refuses to just point to bad luck for that return - but is optimistic the Seagulls are on the right path under Potter.

"It's about shifting your mentality a little bit," he says. "You can perform well for 80 per cent, 90 per cent of the game but, at this level, if you drop off ever so slightly you get punished and we've been on the receiving end of that a lot this season.

"We can sit here and say we're unlucky but there's a part of it that shows we've not been unlucky. We've become passive through a certain part of the game or lost concentration for a certain part of the game.

"That's about evolving your mentality as a team and I've definitely seen improvements over the course of the year. Hopefully we can keep improving at that, stay up this year and hopefully set different goals for next season.

Full interview here
https://www.skysports.com/football/...elegation-battle-and-key-match-with-newcastle

Succession planning was a big part of why he was bought here

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

Full interview here

He's brilliant isn't he?! Spot on with his assessment. Such a good signing for us in so many ways.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here