Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Comet Neowise

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Any advice from our resident astronomers as to the best time to view this comet. It is apparently visible to the naked eye even in London.
I've seen photos taken at midnight and some just before dawn. This was taken near Gloucester cathedral.

3277-Comet-Neowise-over-Gloucester-Cathedral-and-Cleeve-Hill.jpg

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Any advice from our resident astronomers as to the best time to view this comet. It is apparently visible to the naked eye even in London.
I've seen photos taken at midnight and some just before dawn. This was taken near Gloucester cathedral.

View attachment 126031

I follow @virtualastro on Twitter - great info re ISS, Starlink and anything else up there..................it's basically a sunrise/sunset thing as far as I can tell, throughout July.

https://twitter.com/VirtualAstro

This is the best pic I've seen :

neo.jpg

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Which direction do we look to see it?

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Gobsmacked that nobody has mentioned Ulloa’s penalty....

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Too cloudy at the moment.

The local pictures that i have seen are taken between 02:30 - 05:30 . Need to look north . You can load nightsky applications on a smart phone for free and they will show you the direction to look.

If anyone is interested then looking south you can see Jupiter, Saturn and Mars ....

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I follow @virtualastro on Twitter - great info re ISS, Starlink and anything else up there..................it's basically a sunrise/sunset thing as far as I can tell, throughout July.

https://twitter.com/VirtualAstro

This is the best pic I've seen :

View attachment 126032

It’s a clear night tonight.

From your link

Just had a look at the comet.
It's now in the bottom right of the constellation of Ursa Major.

pwlr1966

Aug 7, 2011
Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here