Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pep Guadiola is a big Potter fan

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Scored nine, conceded none this season. I’m not surprised

Although there's some truth in that I think Pep's words are heartfelt. He's a purist. Remember when he grabbed Nathan Redmond to ask him how he can play in that system (Southampton had set up to stop City from playing, showing no ambition themselves) with the talent he has? Of course he wants his team to win but I do believe he genuinely wants to see the other team play good football.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Tap him up for a few loans

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Scored nine, conceded none this season. I’m not surprised

Agreed. Same with Klopp. Easy to say how nice he is, how well we are doing blah blah when we roll over and have our bellys rubbed against the big teams

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Agreed. Same with Klopp. Easy to say how nice he is, how well we are doing blah blah when we roll over and have our bellys rubbed against the big teams

It isn't 'the same' with Klopp, at all, is it?

In our three seasons in the PL, Liverpool have won each game, but they really haven't consistently swept us away like City, at all.

17/18 at Anfield, we should have got a point, but Alisson made a decent injury-time save from a Groß header.

18/19 at home, we would have ground out a 0-0 draw but for the ref buying a Salah sniper-collapse late on.

19/20 at Anfield, they finished the game with 10 men, clinging to a one-goal lead.

19/20 at home, we matched them for long periods, and ought to have equalised to make a real game of it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Find Pep annoying and patronising. Managing Barcelona, Bayern and Man City and the best (most highly paid) players in the world, how difficult is that really?

He actually highlights how big his advantage is in his praise of Potter, in fairness

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Edit - that was illogical.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Find Pep annoying and patronising. Managing Barcelona, Bayern and Man City and the best (most highly paid) players in the world, how difficult is that really?

Just comes across as an honest decent bloke to me :shrug:

'I admire [Potter]. He may not have the best players like lucky managers like me who have exceptional players but he works very hard'

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
A great message for his youngsters to hear. Brighton are a club who play good football and need to add quality to their squad, they also have a willingness to give youngsters plenty of game time...

If I were an 18 year old football at Man City with hopes of being a superstar having watched Foden play in about 10 matches over the last 3 years I'd be constantly looking for the next step and hearing about Brighton, a club who are playing football and who many feel will be clear of relegation in future seasons, must be a tempting option.

If I were Ashworth I'd be desperate to find another player to poach from an academy and encourage Potter into first team contention, maybe even insist that Richards gets a decent chance in remaining games/pre season

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Easy to be kind when your team has just strolled to a 9 0 scoreline without breaking into a sweat. It is a pat on the head

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Easy to be kind when your team has just strolled to a 9 0 scoreline without breaking into a sweat. It is a pat on the head

Agree One game to go to win the league I am sure we would be top of the list to play against. I think I may have got a bit more pleasure with a Southampton backs to the wall win

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Remember Pep and his entourage not being happy about GP celebrating our third goal against his City team in our magnificent 3/2 win after being 2 down….well it seems he got a tad upset today when Milner wasn’t given a second yellow in their game against Liverpool today (I think he should of)….apparently he puts it down to

“Football is about emotions but it is obvious it is a yellow card."

Ah….bit like goal celebrations eh Pep …looking forward to more emotions from GP in our next home match

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Remember Pep and his entourage not being happy about GP celebrating our third goal against his City team in our magnificent 3/2 win after being 2 down….well it seems he got a tad upset today when Milner wasn’t given a second yellow in their game against Liverpool today (I think he should of)….apparently he puts it down to

“Football is about emotions but it is obvious it is a yellow card."

Ah….bit like goal celebrations eh Pep …looking forward to more emotions from GP in our next home match

And when City scored their second, he was celebrating far more boisterously than Potter ever did against City.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here