Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Oxford v Wycombe - League One Play Off Final 7.30pm

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I'm more interested in this one than the Man Utd v Saints game tonight.

Have to confess I have a soft spot for Wycombe, probably based on it always being a reasonable away day, easy to get to, nice little stadium which reminds me of the Theatre of Trees.

And I'm not a fan of Oxford. So come on the Chairboys.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I feel for the fans of both clubs, an M40 derby would have brought a decent crowd to Wembley.

Not a fan of Oxford either (and their noddy 3 sided thing), nor Karl Robinson - so I too would like to see Wycombe do it. I don't think they will though.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I feel for the fans of both clubs, an M40 derby would have brought a decent crowd to Wembley.

Not a fan of Oxford either (and their noddy 3 sided thing), nor Karl Robinson - so I too would like to see Wycombe do it. I don't think they will though.

My ex brother-in-law was an Oxford regular. One year the wife and I went to stay with her sister and him and their kid for New Year and he took me and the kid to Oxford v Wycombe on New Year's Day. Not only was it an absolutely dreadful game but there was plenty of room in the Oxford end we were sitting in and Wycombe brought about 300. It's not exactly a fierce derby, more like us v Reading.

That said, the bloke turned out to be an absolute CJTC so I'll add my "come on Wycombe!" to everyone elses.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Shut up you lot . YEEEELLLLOOOOWWWWSSSSS.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Friend of mine is a lifetime Wycombe fan, so adding my voice in support of them for tonight.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Oxford for me all day long as they are my local team, that said I do have nightmares of Albion playing at the Kassam next season. Its a truly horrible ground in a horrible development which I suspect will be leveled for housing in a decade or two

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Wycombe forms too.
Oxford did their job, knocking out the #twats, now it’s all about the Chairboys .

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Oxford Utd's biggest fan...

oxford-utd-timmy.jpg

Willow

Jul 6, 2003
Didcot
Oxford for me all day long as they are my local team, that said I do have nightmares of Albion playing at the Kassam next season. Its a truly horrible ground in a horrible development which I suspect will be leveled for housing in a decade or two

Surely it just needs it's forth side and it is good to go?Agreed, it is a bit soulless around there. The sad neglect of the nearby Priory Pub does sadden me.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
My ex brother-in-law was an Oxford regular. One year the wife and I went to stay with her sister and him and their kid for New Year and he took me and the kid to Oxford v Wycombe on New Year's Day. Not only was it an absolutely dreadful game but there was plenty of room in the Oxford end we were sitting in and Wycombe brought about 300. It's not exactly a fierce derby, more like us v Reading.

That said, the bloke turned out to be an absolute CJTC so I'll add my "come on Wycombe!" to everyone elses.

You can divorce your brother-in-law now? Who got to keep the selection of socks Christmas presents in the settlement?

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
My daughter was born in High Wycombe as I lived in Cressex for a few years after I got married. We will be supporting The Chairboys tonight.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Surely it just needs it's forth side and it is good to go?Agreed, it is a bit soulless around there. The sad neglect of the nearby Priory Pub does sadden me.

If they put a 4th side on they'd need some sort of park and ride for fans, when they get a full house its pretty chaotic.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Oxford United haven't been in Div 2 for twenty odd years, Wycombe Wanderers never (I thought they had).

For some reason, I don't know why, I'm a bit 'Team Oxford'. Looking forward to the game.

Just hope we are not playing any of them in September...

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I am still haunted by this game and the match announcer.

With Oxford's third and his third, PAULLLLLLLL SIMPSONNNNNNNNNN.

Come on you Chairboys.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here