Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Season ticket holders - more or less likely to renew?

Are you more or less likely to renew your season ticket in the future?

• More likely

Votes: 38 62.3%
  • Less likely

Votes: 23 37.7%

• Total voters

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
We've all had months with being unable to watch any football and still unable to go to games. People have filled in their time with other activities and some will have realised that there are other things to do with a Saturday afternoon (I know, Friday evening, Sunday teatime etc).

Do you feel more or less likely to renew your season ticket in the future? Have you lost the footy habit and decided that you can pick and choose your games or watch on TV when you can?

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I would renew on the understanding that I get prompt reimbursement from the club for the games I am not allowed to watch.

I would waive any reimbursement if the club set up a stream so I could watch all our home and away EPL games next season. From the club's perspective surely that would be an easier, and cheaper, option than trying to work out who is owed what.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
i will continue to renew, but being a 10 minute bike ride from the Amex, means that a trip to see the footy is just a couple of hours out of my day, however if I were one of those fans for who it takes virtually a complete day to travel, watch, return having to deal with all the agro that trains or cars can cause, and all the expense of travelling then I think I may be a bit more selective and maybe look to go to fewer games

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I would renew on the understanding that I get prompt reimbursement from the club for the games I am not allowed to watch.

I would waive any reimbursement if the club set up a stream so I could watch all our home and away EPL games next season. From the club's perspective surely that would be an easier, and cheaper, option than trying to work out who is owed what.

Absolutely this. And it would make business/logistical sense too.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

It's not down to the club - we don't own the broadcast rights...............

As I get older I find it more difficult to motivate myself to travel from North Kent - if I lived locally it would be different. At present I probably will not renew but become a member and go to a few selected games.

Poppett63

Jul 16, 2011
Why would I even ask myself that question?

The TV coverage has been good but its not like being there UTA

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Haven't we all renewed or not renewed already ???

Yes, but I am trying to get a sense of how many people are going to find it hard to commit the time that they used to to following the Albion. My suspicion is that a few people will decide that there is more to life, that the time commitment is too great (esp those living a long way from the Amex), family might be exerting pressure and overall they might decide that next time round they might be less inclined to commit to a season ticket.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
not more nor less likely, i will continue to renew. The TV coverage has enabled us to watch the games, but there iust nothing like being there. The first game back with a full crowd-thats going to be so emotional for players and fans. Wouldn't miss that for anything. Can you imagine what its going to be like-regardless of division- when a full Amex belts out Sussex by the Sea as the players come out. That will be a "I was there when.." moment

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
not more nor less likely, i will continue to renew. The TV coverage has enabled us to watch the games, but there iust nothing like being there. The first game back with a full crowd-thats going to be so emotional for players and fans. Wouldn't miss that for anything. Can you imagine what its going to be like-regardless of division- when a full Amex belts out Sussex by the Sea as the players come out. That will be a "I was there when.." moment
Same. Poll could really do with that third option of 'Equally Likely' to give a more complete picture

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I've already not renewed unfortunately. Just couldn't justify the expense any longer. I think though, hypothetically, even if I could afford the expense, that COVID would have caused me not to renew anyway.

The uncertainty behind when we'd be able to go back to the ground coupled with my relentless anxiety around being surrounded by potential COVID carriers once we were able to attend would have meant not renewing.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

I’m not buying a tv ST. I pay to go to live games. If the club tried to charge me for my ST whilst fobbing me off with a tv contract I would cancel and watch Kings Lynn Town FC instead.

B52

Jan 23, 2013
Super Seaford From the South
I've already not renewed unfortunately. Just couldn't justify the expense any longer. I think though, hypothetically, even if I could afford the expense, that COVID would have caused me not to renew anyway.

The uncertainty behind when we'd be able to go back to the ground coupled with my relentless anxiety around being surrounded by potential COVID carriers once we were able to attend would have meant not renewing.

Most of this season's STH ers. would have already committed for next season back in march before covid 19 arrived.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
With the oncoming recession people being able to afford to go in addition to having the time is a valid question.

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Already renewed and hope will be able to go back to games asap.

I wouldn't buy a season ticket to watch games on tv though it just doesn't hold any appeal and I would expect to be reimbursed for any fuxture I am not permitted to attend.

The reasons I love going to games is as much the company of friends, having a few beers and sharing the experience.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Don’t like the idea of having to continue to pay when we don’t know how many games we will be allowed to go to. I speak as someone who’d only missed 1 League game before the lockdown.

If they said we could have full grounds from the start of next season (which I think we should) then there’s no way I would want to give up my season ticket.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here