Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Palace

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
How the hell are that team on 42 points? They’re dreadful. I know we gave them 4 points.

Think someone might be taking his pension very soon.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

I have to say that I think Roy has done a pretty good job this season, considering the lack of investment in the squad this year.

Hopefully he does retire, because they are unlikely to get a better manager without promises of a significant warchest to revitalise the squad.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I have to say that I think Roy has done a pretty good job this season, considering the lack of investment in the squad this year.

Hopefully he does retire, because they are unlikely to get a better manager without promises of a significant warchest to revitalise the squad.

I agree and I can’t see any real investment forthcoming and they must be near the top of the relegation candidates next season. Ageing very limited squad, poor old Palace:lolol:

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I agree and I can’t see any real investment forthcoming and they must be near the top of the relegation candidates next season. Ageing very limited squad, poor old Palace:lolol:

Agree, it would be a big surprise to me if they didn't struggle next year. It's a squad that needs refreshing and they don't apparently have much coming through the ranks or much money to spend. They've got a massive liability on injuries to Zaha. They've had a load of lucky results, 2 against us. I'm confident they'll have a poor season next time round.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Probably something to do with us giving them 4.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Agree, it would be a big surprise to me if they didn't struggle next year. It's a squad that needs refreshing and they don't apparently have much coming through the ranks or much money to spend. They've got a massive liability on injuries to Zaha. They've had a load of lucky results, 2 against us. I'm confident they'll have a poor season next time round.

I'm not. But agree with everything you say other than that.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
They seem to go on wild winning and losing streaks. They won 4 in a row recently but are well and truly on the beach since reaching safety.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
There a team who seem to be able to grind out 3-4 wins followed by some quite horrific runs of form. It was only 5 games back they were allegedly looking at a European place. Now there looking at finishing 14th.
It is an aging squad but personally I think they will comfortably survive again next season. At some point they will need quite a large rebuilding although I suspect personally they will replace the oldest with players in late 20s early 30s which currently seems to work for them.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

They had better hope not. It's Roy's defensive organisation that has got them to 42 points. The owners do not seem to be keen to invest in new players, so he has had to work with what he has. The squad is paper thin and the heavy post-lockdown schedule has exposed it. He hasn't got the strength in depth to rotate effectively through an unprecedented programme of matches. Yesterday, in the second half against Villa, they looked more abject than we did against City. They had no fight and no attacking intent. Passes were going astray under no pressure. It reminded me of our performance against Bournemouth last season. They've rode the percentages well this year. Hodgson is a very good pragmatic coach, but it looks like they have had enough for this season. They could feasibly not take another point. If we perform in the last three, we may have an outside chance at 14th. It's worth an extra couple of million.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I’ve always seen palace as a club that somehow always gets away with it. They look so bad from the outside but always seen to wriggle out of everything.

Once they get relegated they’re in serious trouble. Hopefully it’s next year, but I say that EVERY year.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
They seem to find it impossible to start a season well.

They were never going to do anything in this 'mini league'.
Their challenge comes from needing to hold this form through to next season, if they don't, if they start afresh, they're likely to start by losing those first 7 (seven) games as well.

I'm tired of predicting their demise due to an elderly squad, astronomical wages and no yoof set up.

They're palace, they'll be fine, they will finish above us.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011

Great stuff. But if he visited our world class training facilities and their vermin infested shed, and then looked at our wonderful new ground and their hideous, decrepit toilet,his decision wouldn't have been that difficult surely?

Our club with a fresh young manager being backed by our owner fan versus their elderly gent of a manager who often doesn't seem to know what day of the week it is, with no money from their spiv of a chairman who only takes out of the club rather than putting in.

No young player would want to go to them over us. Easiest decision young Lamptey will have to make in his entire career.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
They always seem to do better than us though

This.

They actually have some decent players that I would like in the Albion squad. They blow hot and cold and can pick up some brilliant results then go on a run where they look League 1.

They have never looked in danger of relegation this season , unlike ourselves.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Well, based on 'expected goals', our friends at Experimental 3-6-1 think that Palace should be a couple of places lower, and BHA quite a bit higher up. So this 'suggests' that we are not clinical enough, and that Palace are either blessed with clinical strikers, or are just lucky.

Last season we significantly overachieved our expected goal difference for the first half, and under performed for the latter part.

Or maybe xG and xGA are a load of nonsense.

xG-Unit and 50 cent.png

theboybilly

Roy Hodgson was the right man at the right time. He gets a lot of criticism but he has been Palace's best manager in decades. I don't think they are, anywhere near probable for relegation next season as they always pull something out of the hat. Still a horrible club mind

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Great stuff. But if he visited our world class training facilities and their vermin infested shed, and then looked at our wonderful new ground and their hideous, decrepit toilet,his decision wouldn't have been that difficult surely?

Our club with a fresh young manager being backed by our owner fan versus their elderly gent of a manager who often doesn't seem to know what day of the week it is, with no money from their spiv of a chairman who only takes out of the club rather than putting in.

No young player would want to go to them over us. Easiest decision young Lamptey will have to make in his entire career.

We don’t do too bad churning out talent from our shed, and now Category 1 status has been assured, we will have a better chance with the hotbed of talent in our area.
Get back to us when you actually produce a talent through your world renown academy, and not by poaching them from other clubs academies :bla:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here