Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Palace

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Ha what a pair of choppers :wanker:

Good luck with your lives chaps, you need to find some friends and lives to stop coming on here. It’s very sad that you need to stalk people like this and can’t handle the banter from either of us :lol: Never mind. Aren’t you both in your 50s too? As always, welcome to post your personal details if you’re keen to check up on others - and the fact that isn’t me who got engaged and knows RBM is even funnier - you have been told this account is shared before :lol: bless. Ask a mod, happy for them to confirm the IPs :thumbsup: Look for the ‘...’ and look for the ‘-‘ you retards.

Ps - that was talking to you on your level with the Croydon lingo fam - not a sussex man accent :lol:

Calm down bruv :lolol:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Not normally. But I will take the word of a UEFA B licence parent over your standard parent!

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

Blimey, I didn't know that EUFA did coaching badges for parenting.
Whatever next, ICC teaching full body massage and tantric yoga?

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
To be fair i know of a couple of lads who were at there academy. Now at Brighton but their prents say Palace coaching is much better than Brightons. Might just be at that age group though.

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

I spoke to a Palace coach who left for Chelsea coaching the kids, maybe more money, better facilities, better opportunities, I don't know but with the new Cat 1 status you would have thought he would stay and see it through.

From what I can gather the youth are frustrated at the lack of opportunity.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I spoke to a Palace coach who left for Chelsea coaching the kids, maybe more money, better facilities, better opportunities, I don't know but with the new Cat 1 status you would have thought he would stay and see it through.

You do have to over 30 to play in the first team

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Being serious for a moment the younger academy teams are now structured in such a way across the board that there is very little difference between any academy. It is only as they progress upwards then there’s more individualistic methods used. Considering we have one of the FA main men to organise the coaching within this country, now heading up our coaches I would suggest we must doing it right.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch

He left to go to Chelsea two years before Palace gained Cat 1 status...

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
To be fair i know of a couple of lads who were at there academy. Now at Brighton but their prents say Palace coaching is much better than Brightons. Might just be at that age group though.

Why aren't the boys with Crystal Palace still if the coaching is better? Also are they at the actual academy or Albion in the Community Elite squad?

Last edited:

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

As a coach working at Chelsea's academy looks a lot better on your CV than working at pretty much any other UK team academy apart from the other Top 6 clubs. As a career move it is a no-brainer.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The thing with Palace is that yes they don't look good, but have some experienced premier league players who know how to grind out results. And in Wilf, they have a genuine match winner. He hasn't had a good season but nonetheless he always capable of creating a goal out of nothing which he has done so often against us.

Until he leaves, gets crocked or retired, Palace will stay up. Once he goes they are going to have invest a lot better than they have to remain there.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
We could be bumbling along in the lower reaches of League 2 and Palace could be qualifying for the Champions League, but I would still KNOW we are better than them. That we can now compare cocks on the same table has absolutely no effect on that.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
No idea whether Palace's coaches are better than ours or not.

Our under 23s are in the Top 3 of PL2 Div 1 so maybe our coaches aren't too shoddy.
Agreed it could just be that our superior recruitment set up, is helping us get the best young talent, and nothing to do with our Academy itself.

Getting CAT 1 status was crucial to us and I assume Palace will get similar benefits.
Luckily we have a few years on them in that regard.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
No idea whether Palace's coaches are better than ours or not.

Our under 23s are in the Top 3 of PL2 Div 1 so maybe our coaches aren't too shoddy.
Agreed it could just be that our superior recruitment set up, is helping us get the best young talent, and nothing to do with our Academy itself.

Getting CAT 1 status was crucial to us and I assume Palace will get similar benefits.
Luckily we have a few years on them in that regard.

The Palace youth team currently play in the Southern region of the PL Professional Development League, I assume they will move into the PL2 division 2 from next season? I would note that they currently sit in 9th place (of 10 teams) with 16 points from 21 games, only in that lofty position based on goal difference (Colchester are bottom). They are 7 points away from the team above them and have the lowest 'goals for' in their league. If you consider the North region as well, then they are only doing better than Bolton (FOUR points from 22 games... 16 goals scored. Ouch).

Anyway, if you assume it's representative, I would suggest that playing a couple of divisions lower than we do and being right at the bottom, does not actually suggest they have 'better youth coaches' than Brighton at the moment. Nor better talent at their disposal.

Happy to be corrected by those ITK.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here