Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] 12 year old boy arrested for racist abuse of Wilf

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Sad really. Congratulations to the parents you’ve raised a prick.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Shouldn't be arresting kids of that age. Should be having a long chat and finding out where they got it from.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
When I was 12 all my friends would make monkey noises at football. Looking backI think my mum was racist ...She used to say ‘darkies’ a lot.

The Lego Stand

Jul 5, 2020
Total over reaction arresting him. If you had your house broken into you wouldn't see a copper, but racism and they are all over it. Why don't they arrest the real criminals such as drug dealers and murderers in London.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Shouldn't be arresting kids of that age. Should be having a long chat and finding out where they got it from.

10 years old is the age of criminal responsibility. Youth offenders are treated differently from adults but hopefully it will give him a shock that he was so easily traceable.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
When I was 12 all my friends would make monkey noises at football. Looking backI think my mum was racist ...She used to say ‘darkies’ a lot.

Most of us at that age and in our generation were.

I remember as a teenager going to an away match at Wimbledon and hearing a lone fan making sarcastic racist remarks about the opposition players.

No one called him out and a large number found the whole thing funny. As youngster it is very easy to be influenced by such things.

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

A lot of people did. In the days before terms like BAME were available to the general population, darkies was considered a more acceptable and generally friendlier collective noun than calling people blacks, w*gs, n*****s or c**ns.
The way these things change, in twenty years time anybody using the term BAME will probably be roundly condemned as racist. When I was in junior school we were formally taught that the correct term to use was 'coloured people' - try using that with impunity now!

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
A lot of people did. In the days before terms like BAME were available to the general population, darkies was considered a more acceptable and generally friendlier collective noun than calling people blacks, w*gs, n*****s or c**ns.
The way these things change, in twenty years time anybody using the term BAME will probably be roundly condemned as racist. When I was in junior school we were formally taught that the correct term to use was 'coloured people' - try using that with impunity now!

Explains the outpouring of negative words in your post, the fact you were educated by such unusual early ‘60s teachers. Black History lesson before it was recognised.
Go and throw a banana like you feel the need too.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Goes to show 12 years old is far to early to be allowed a smart phone and access to social media.

I hope the Authorities have a good look at what else is on his phone and social media accountsj

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020

I used to like the black wine gums the best. So I would take them all out and hide them when at football. My friend once said 'where are all the blacks gone', we then got promptly got told by the police to hand them over.

We live in a highly sensitive world.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Were the previous generations really that thick that they couldn’t think of a term like BAME, so instead went with darkies ? No wonder there is a loss of respect for our elders

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here