Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Still think we’re safe?

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Personally I think 36 is enough. But we are 1 win for guaranteed survival unless Bournemouth and villa both win their final 4 games (villa half way there on one). Which would be an incredible upturn in form bearing in mind they are both averaging less than a point a game

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
Personally I think 36 is enough. But we are 1 win for guaranteed survival unless Bournemouth and villa both win their final 4 games (villa half way there on one). Which would be an incredible upturn in form bearing in mind they are both averaging less than a point a game

usually in most seasons 2 teams go on massive runs for the last couple of games. Cardiff being dead before almost catching us last season.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Humour me, please reassure we‘re defiantly staying up.

Because looking at the table right now we don’t look super safe.

Nothing has changed. It is in our hands and has been all season. No point worrying about other results. What will be, will be.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
We’re staying up.

Still got a very healthy points and goal difference gap over the bottom 3 and couldn’t really ask for 3 better fixtures to end the season.

A team that considers us as "rivals" who beat us at home 2:0, A side who could rough the players off the pitch in Burnley, or players trying to impress in case this buyout does go through and dont get sold.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Can’t see Villa avoiding defeat against Everton (away) and Arsenal - which would leave them needing a huge goal difference swing to overtake us. It would be nice if Leicester win against plucky later and I think it’s all tied up with them playing City in the week

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
So if we pick up 0 points from our last 3 games, given we’ve just shipped 8 goals...

Where does that leave the calculations? As things stand West Ham and Watford are just 2pts behind us. I don’t get why everyone is so relaxed?

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
usually in most seasons 2 teams go on massive runs for the last couple of games. Cardiff being dead before almost catching us last season.

True sometimes it happens and both could do it but Bournemouth have got to go away to city yet so 1 point with goal difference would most likely be enough to keep them below us even if they win the other 3.
Villa just don’t seem 7 points out of the next 9 for them and again 1 point would need them winning all 3.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
VILLA
Everton A
Arsenal H
West Ham A

BOURNEMOUTH
Leicester H
Man City A
Southampton H
Everton A

WATFORD
West Ham A
Man City H
Arsenal A

WEST HAM
Watford H
Man Utd A
Villa H

BRIGHTON
Southampton A
Newcastle H
Burnley A

I think we are safe, too many teams need a lot to go right, and for us to lose all our games for that to happen. Nothing in football is impossible I guess. A point at Southampton would do very nicely thank you.

If Watford fail to win away at West Ham, can't see them getting 36 points. Nothing less than a home win for Bournemouth today or their race catching us is done. Villa would need to win 2 and draw 1 of their last 3 to finish ahead of us. It's all very unlikely.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
We are safe

Villa are still bang out of form and have struggled to beat a Palace side which has been beyond woeful this afternoon.

Villa still can’t lose another game if they want to overtake us ... I’m confident we have enough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here