Votes: 6 5.9%
  • Nah

Votes: 96 94.1%

• Total voters

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Absolutely the correct decision. We need to congratulate the refs when they get them right and not create a pile on to push agendas.

I reserve the right to the opposite opinion when it is anyone other than palace.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Not handball in my opinion but it appears to strike the same area of the player that meant the Harry Kane goal was disallowed at Sheff U - so consistent I guess

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
This season that is handball. Rule changes next season and anything above a short sleeve, i.e. top of the arm and shoulder will be ok. Not this season though. Which, in this case, is good news.

Bad news

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Nope not handball, but it’s Palace so yes.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Much as I hate Palace, no way is that handball.
Since the restart, VAR has been totally discredited and must be abandoned before next season .

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
I can see why it was ruled out.

Just very frustrating how AV are quite the beneficiary of VARmares this restart. Free point at home to Sheffield Utd and a massive boost with that being ruled out.

I know the pen v united was a little harsh, but they were always gonna get put right by Greenwood and Co. anyway, so they can shut their pie holes about that. Very lucky plebs indeed.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
There is absolutely no way that is handball - it comes off the top of his shoulder, FFS.

I think that is the worst VAR decision I've seen in the Premier League this season, and there is some pretty stiff competition!

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
I can just about see why a ref might disallow it and VAR leave the ref's decision as is.

I can't see why VAR should say it is a clear and obvious error.

And I'm absolutely certain that Moss having watched the replay 14 times and not been able to make his mind up, could say on the 15th viewing that it was clear and obvious.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
As it's a question of 'fact' rather than opinion i.e. 'did the ball touch the arm?', not 'do you think he meant for the ball to touch his arm?', it's not about "clear and obvious", is it? So questioning the VAR involvement on the basis of whether it was "clear and obvious" or not, is irrelevant.

It all comes down to whether the VAR believed it touched Saka's arm or not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here