Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Come on Villa!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I’m supporting Villa this afternoon as I’d normally do for this particular fixture.

I hope they get all three points then nothing more until West Ham for they are down anyway.

If we want to catch Palace, we realistically need them to get nothing today.

Come on Sockboy!

Last edited:

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
No, Villa can still catch us and so it is one of the very rare occasions when I will be hoping for a Palace win.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I would like both Bournemouth and Aston Villa to lose today. And comprehensively lose. The sooner we are mathematically safe, the sooner I can get on and enjoy my summer.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I would like both Bournemouth and Aston Villa to lose today. And comprehensively lose. The sooner we are mathematically safe, the sooner I can get on and enjoy my summer.

Absolutely positively THIS.

Hope Palace win today - good grief that feels dirty

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
This thread could come back to haunt us. We need Palace to win this one just to help tick the boxes of survival.
In addition; cheering on Villa ? No thanks. Bunch of entitled, delusional fans suffering from a collective, extreme superiority complex.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
No, Villa can still catch us and so it is one of the very rare occasions when I will be hoping for a Palace win.

That scenario means we will lose our next three games. This is possible if we don’t recover mentally from Liverpool & Man City.

It also relies on Villa winning three and drawing one of their last four games: Palace, Everton, Arsenal & West Ham.

Think about the likes of Richarlison, Calvert-Lewin, Aubameyang, Lacazette & Saka having a go at their awful defence. It can’t happen!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
In an ideal world Palace and Villa will play out a boring 0-0 bad tempered draw with a couple of red cards per side finishing with a huge brawl involving both benches and the Premier League deducting both sides 3 points. Otherwise I could give a toss what happens.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I'd prefer a Palace win today (ugh) because it serves our purposes.

Besides which the arrogance and entitlement of Villa fans pre-season will make it very amusing should they go down, as looks likely.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
After the massive confidence knock we had last night I am working on the fact that we might not get another point this season, SO come on Palace!

We have a potentially shell shocked goalkeeper with non Premier League quality back up which is a BIG worry to me. We can do without the defence possibly shitting itself in consequence over the next three games. Short term glass half empty but long term positivity here

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
Our goal difference has just taken an absolute tonking, our confidence is shot, and we could lose every game from here. Villa could gain confidence from a win today, Everton are on the beach, Arsenal can be either shit or great, so it's not a definite they will lose that, West ham will be safe by then and probably not be trying.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Our goal difference has just taken an absolute tonking, our confidence is shot, and we could lose every game from here. Villa could gain confidence from a win today, Everton are on the beach, Arsenal can be either shit or great, so it's not a definite they will lose that, West ham will be safe by then and probably not be trying.

Wise words :thumbsup:

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
I must say I do prefer Palace as a team to Villa. There, I’ve said it. Some people do take the Palace/Brighton rivalry worryingly seriously, and I acknowledge that not having been around as a Brighton supporter since the beginning of time naturally I simply “don’t get it”. I’m very sorry. As pantomime villains go, Jack Grealish excels far and above Wilf to me. And off the pitch, I suspect Wilf is by far the better person. So, come on the Eagles!!

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Back in the 80's, we needed 4 wins from our last 4 games to stay up in the top flight, we looked no more capable of getting those wins than Villa and Bournemouth do this season, but against all the odds we did win those games, it's not over til it's over.

Come on Palace and Leicester.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here