Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester City

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
On the basis I have never seen us so outplayed and uncompetitive that is the best team performance I can ever recall against us.

mashman156

Aug 7, 2009
Southampton
They were damn good, no denying that. We were total shite! Made for genuinely difficult watching. I hope some lessons were learnt from the performance and about the application of some players that will be taken forward into the transfer window and next season

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
On the basis I have never seen us so outplayed and uncompetitive that is the best team performance I can ever recall against us.

Yes difficult to think of another that good, again that first Chelsea match.....

The other was under Garcia (I think), when Villarreal visited they were class.... but we had less quality then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
They were damn good, no denying that. We were total shite! Made for genuinely difficult watching. I hope some lessons were learnt from the performance and about the application of some players that will be taken forward into the transfer window and next season

We were overawed...
Potter talked down any chance of a result and bigged City up. They are as good as he claimed but it was dispiriting to hear before the match.
Just saying.......

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
If Jurgen Klopp wins the title next season he will deserve the accolades he's currently receiving.
Any side that finishes ahead of City next season will be genuinely good.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
I remember the first time we played Liverpool in the old 1st Div at The Goldstone, we lost 1-4 to what was one of the great Liverpool teams with the likes of Kenny Dalgleish, Ray Kennedy etc,etc, playing for them. They played football from another planet compared to us and it was a joy to watch, we tried, plugged away and actually had the nerve to score against them!
And that was the difference between going away p***ed off because we'd lost but with a bit of pride as we'd given it our best shot, fast forward to last night and we were just plain embarrassing, no effort, no pride, nothing. I will always support The Albion, they're my team but God Almighty it's hard at times.
Rant over, onwards and upwards!

:ascarf:

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Not sure, we didn’t ever pressure them or make a challenge. Southend would have beaten us last night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

We took them on at their own game.
If every team did that, they’d look like that every game.
But Other teams Try and disrupt them, little fouls, packing the defence.

I bet if you asked Pep and Klopp ‘what are your favourite gameS of the season?’, Brighton Away would be high on the list. Nice day out, easy three points.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
I genuinely enjoy watching City play, they're much more stylish than Liverpool, Raheem Sterling and Kev being two of my favourite non-Albion players. Just disappointed they couldn't give it a rest yesterday. And, to be fair, we were particularly poor which made them look even better.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
We were poor but it can’t be good for the Premier League to have a team winning by 5 goals most week.

Man City are a joyless technical machine that has cost billions to put together. The way they play is perfectly suited to playing in front of no fans. They are also quite used to playing in an empty stadium as the Etihad has barely anyone there for most matches.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
We were poor but it can’t be good for the Premier League to have a team winning by 5 goals most week.

Man City are a joyless technical machine that has cost billions to put together. The way they play is perfectly suited to playing in front of no fans. They are also quite used to playing in an empty stadium as the Etihad has barely anyone there for most matches.

:shrug:

They've lost nine - that's NINE - times this season, including to Norwich City.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Saturday 02 December 2017 v Liverpool

Brighton 1 Liverpool 5
Murray should have had a hat trick that day. That game was not quite the same as last night as we weren't in it at all, that Liverpool game we were in it and gave it a good go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here