Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Player ratings H v Man City

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
All marks given take into account the incredible quality of the opposition

Ryan - 2 - Rumblings against him, (from serious people) for the first time in his Albion career. A case to answer for goals 3, 4 and 5. His poorest game for the Albion

Montoya - 2 - Gave the winger acres. Uncertain in possession. Continually failed to show Sterling onto his left, leading to the crucial first goal
Bernardo - 3 - Horrible switch off for Jesus goal. Unconvincing in possession. Crossing ineffective. Offside about 4 times. Burn's stock has improved
Webster - 3- Technique on the ball is ok. I think his confidence has take a battering in the last week. Given a torrid evening
Dunk - 5 - Competent on the ball, though long range passing ineffective tonight. Deserves better defenders to play alongside.

Propper - 1 - Shockingly casual and inaccurate passing. Playing like he's already engineered a move.
Bissouma - 4 - Got his foot in and displayed energy, though outclassed.
Mooy - 6 - MOM (if we're proceeding with the fantasy that the MOM was playing for us). The only player on our team who it looked plausible that he once played for Man City. A good technician
Gross - 4 - Had moments of class, but could hardly get into the game
Trossard - 5 - He's still playing well, I expect we'll see more impressive play from him in the last 3 games.

Connolly - 5 - Threatened with him movement in behind, needs better service.

Lamptey - 6 - Terrific defending to deny Mahrez
Burn - 2 - Should have cleared the 5th off the line
Stephens - 3 - We were punch drunk by the time he was told to come on and limit the damage. Very little involvement
Maupay - 2 - Couldn't hold it for us
Ali J - 2 - Couldn't hold it for us

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

Ryan - 2 - Rumblings against him, (from serious people) for the first time in his Albion career. A case to answer for goals 3, 4 and 5. His poorest game for the Albion

Montoya - 2 - Gave the winger acres. Uncertain in possession. Continually failed to show Sterling onto his left, leading to the crucial first goal
Bernardo - 3 - Horrible switch off for Jesus goal. Unconvincing in possession. Crossing ineffective. Offside about 4 times. Burn's stock has improved
Webster - 3- Technique on the ball is ok. I think his confidence has take a battering in the last week. Given a torrid evening
Dunk - 5 - Competent on the ball, though long range passing ineffective tonight. Deserves better defenders to play alongside.

Propper - 1 - Shockingly casual and inaccurate passing. Playing like he's already engineered a move.
Mooy - 6 - MOM (if we're proceeding with the fantasy that the MOM was playing for us). The only player on our team who it looked plausible that he once played for Man City. A good technician
Trossard - 5 - He's still playing well, I expect we'll see more impressive play from him in the last 3 games.

Stephens - 3 - We were punch drunk by the time he was told to come on and limit the damage. Very little involvement

Are there serious people on NSC :lolol:

Last edited:

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

Thanks. Saved me from typing exactly that.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Exactly the same scores from me, but I’d give AJ a 6. He came on for his first appearance post lockdown into a nightmare scenario, he ran his socks off and seemed to give a shit. That gets a decent score.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Yep, can't disagree with any of those really. I've loved Bissouma since the restart so I'd bump him up to 5/6. Though I thought Bernardo had a poor game, I don't blame him for their second. Our defensive set up from corners in the first half kept on leaving an ocean of space for City players to run into and attack. There's a reason that all but one of their first half corners resulted in them getting the first touch.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
****ing awful from Ryan Webster, Bernardo and Propper.

Lack of depth in the team means 3 of the 4 will start against Saints.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
6 - average

Ryan 3
Montoya 3
Bernardo 4
Dunk 6
Webster 5
Trossard 5
Bissouma 5
Propper 3
Gross 5
Mooy 4
Connolly 5

Maupay 4
AJ 5
Lamptey 5
Burn 5
Stephens 5

Difficult to grade when you rarely have the ball, and when you do you immediately give it back.

City were great and personally I enjoy watching them more than Liverpool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Agree with pretty much all of this, apart from the singling out of Mooy as being any less shit than the rest.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Awful and stopped me watching Live Aid documentary zero to all and minus 1 for the keeper

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012

Yep about right

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
No need for a player ratings thread imo - just an excuse to slag - plenty of other threads for that...

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
A half-hearted, pitiful display, riddled with mistake after mistake, against a very good side. I'm afraid some heads dropped in the second half and less than 100% was being given by some.
Ryan.....4.....The sooner he gets some competition, the better. Poor display
Montoya...3....Not good enough.
Webster....5...Lacks positional sense. Mistakes in him every game but clearly third name on teamsheet every game.
Dunk....6.5....Thank God.
Bernardo...4....Ensured Burn will be straight back in. Ragged and ill-disciplined display.
Propper....3....Away with the fairies. Playing at a different tempo to everyone else. Shocking.
Mooy....6....Worked hard and didn't give up, unlike some others.
Bissouma...5...Too many mistakes.
Gross....4.5....One good ball into the box, wasted by Trossard. Apart from that....help!
Trossard...5....Couldn't get in the game. Not the worst.
Connolly....5....On basis that he didn't do anything. No physicality at all. Nudged off ball all the time

Subs.....5....for a bit of irrelevant huffing and puffing.
Potter...Surely we can mix it up a little against the top teams. They know we are going to play out from the back ( slowly ) They know we will give the ball away v the high press. Result.... we get pressed, we give the ball away, we concede goals, we lose games.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I actually think Ryan could have done better with the first goal, too. Very slow to get down. I was expecting him to turn it round the post.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Ryan 3
Montoya 4
Bernardo 4
Dunk 6.5 MOTM
Webster 5
Propper 3
Bissouma 6
Gross 6
Mooy 6
Trossard 5
Connolly 4

Stephens 6
Burn 5
Maupay 5
Ali J 6

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Do we need one of these threads for tonight?

Think everyone is acutely aware of who wasn't up for/to it tonight.

Dunk and Stephens when he came on were our best players and only voices on the pitch, says it all.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here