Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] It’s how we bounce back

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
No surprise that we are well beaten by Man U, Liverpool and City and that Potter rests players in these matches. Fair enough IF we bounce back and get a minimum of 3 points in the matches vs. Saints, Newcastle and Burnley.
We are miles off the top 4 so should expect the odd drubbing but it’s a test of our character now

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Really hope now that Villa don't win twice before we next kick a ball.

Fortunately 1 of Bournemouth's 2 games before we play Southampton is against Man City.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Need something from the next games. I think we’ll get points from Saints and the Geordies [emoji106]

How do we need more points now, than we did at 6 o'clock?

Were you seriously relying on us taking points from City? Do you seriously believe either Villa or Bournemouth will catch us?
We are in , more or less the same position we were in at 6 o'clock. We 're
?9 points above Villa with a 13 goal advantage, we're 8 points in front of Bournemouth with a 12 goal advantage.

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
Don't get the total despair on here, City and Liverpool are total write offs. You see those games stacked up on the fixture list, but you focus on the 3 after, those last 3 games we could go and get something!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
t’s done, it happens, we’ve not had it done to us often. They’re world class, they’ve done that to better teams than us, we rested players, we’re as good as safe, we’ve been great overall since lockdown, we have 7 key points, we’re Brighton and Hove Albion man - we’re achieving lots - chins up everyone

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
No surprise that we are well beaten by Man U, Liverpool and City and that Potter rests players in these matches. Fair enough IF we bounce back and get a minimum of 3 points in the matches vs. Saints, Newcastle and Burnley.
We are miles off the top 4 so should expect the odd drubbing but it’s a test of our character now

I'd be happy with 1 point from the last three games. Can't bear the thought of us ending the season with 5 consecutive defeats.

We are a bottom half team and I fully accept that, and on a positive note we are half way up the 'bottom half' table.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
How do we need more points now, than we did at 6 o'clock?

Were you seriously relying on us taking points from City? Do you seriously believe either Villa or Bournemouth will catch us?
We are in , more or less the same position we were in at 6 o'clock. We 're
?9 points above Villa with a 13 goal advantage, we're 8 points in front of Bournemouth with a 12 goal advantage.

I don’t want to end the season like this, as the topic suggests it’s how we bounce back. A nice points return in the next couple of games would do us all good [emoji106]

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Yeh, this was never the game to decide our fate this season. Other teams around us in the bottom half have been demolished as well this season. It's just the nature of the Premier League.

The upcoming 3 games are the ones which will tell us how good we are. We need to rest and get our chins up

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
200/1 to be relegated on betfair if you fancy it
No I don't fancy it. Throwing money away.

The point is we can either have a stressful end of season or a mellow end of season.

Me ? I'd rather :

Palace beat Villa
Leicester beat Bournemouth
Man City beat Bournemouth
Everton beat Villa

meaning Happy Days Are Here before we even kick off vs Southampton.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
The last two games make no difference. We know that, the players know that. Only the bedwetters and moaners are out in force and loving it as they have something to moan about and can slag off players etc. They must have HATED our form post-shutdown.
what are you on about ? We all know we aren't going down, but putting down some kind of marker that we have some intent for next season is important unless you think it is fine that we become cannon fodder for the likes of Southampton, Newcastle and Burnley, like we were for Man Utd, Liverpool and Man City

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
We don't need anymore points but we have been way too shit for most of our games since lockdown.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
We don't need anymore points but we have been way too shit for most of our games since lockdown.

We were poor tonight against an in-form Manchester City. We were also too timid in the first half against Man Utd and allowed them to get their juggernaut rolling. We we sloppy in the first ten minutes against Liverpool. However, but for a soft penalty attempt at Leicester we would have taken maximum points in the other three games. Instead we had to settle for seven points. That equates to over a point a game, whereas before lockdown we averaged a point a game over the season and managed only four points from the six games immediately preceding the break. The six post lockdown games have also included five matches against four of the current top five and the team currently in eighth. Most pundits were tipping us to get absolutely nothing from five of these six games and to be in great need of points from the last three matches that you are saying we now need nothing from. It has been apparent to all, both Brighton fans and neutrals that we have shown spirit, ambition, guts and ability in most of our games since lockdown. These were just absent tonight.

Have you considered whether it is your over emotional and out of proportion reactions to getting a drubbing that are making posters on the other thread think you are trolling? You can be annoyed, but if you post reactionary and easily disproved statements in anger, some will respond with accusations that you are a Palace fan trying to stir up trouble. Step away. Do whatever you need to do to relax and forget it (brandy and Charles Mingus seem to be working for me). Who knows? Tonight's humbling could be just what the squad needs to have determination not to be on the beach for the last three games.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I remember when football used to be a sport and we tried to win every game.
Now it is a 'try and win the games we have some chance in and bin the rest' kind if attitude.
I know that there is now too much at stake, but those days were great.
Looked so much like a boxing match, where an opponent 'takes the fall'.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I remember when football used to be a sport and we tried to win every game.
Now it is a 'try and win the games we have some chance in and bin the rest' kind if attitude.
I know that there is now too much at stake, but those days were great.
Looked so much like a boxing match, where an opponent 'takes the fall'.

I think a better boxing metaphor would be that in the old days you could go and swing at Ali and if you have a punch on you, you just might get lucky. Nowadays, Ali's manager has paid Frazier and Foreman to join in on Ali's side. Try as hard as you like it's going to take them being spectacularly bad, or you being spectacularly lucky to win the fight. Given that Southampton's blindfolded haymaker managed to connect with all three jaws earlier in the week, the laws of probability suggested that this evening, we would probably end up being held down by two whilst the other pounded our face to mince. I believe everyone on our side was trying their hardest, but it's hard to maintain focus when the punches just keep coming.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
No I don't fancy it. Throwing money away.

The point is we can either have a stressful end of season or a mellow end of season.

Me ? I'd rather :

Palace beat Villa
Leicester beat Bournemouth
Man City beat Bournemouth
Everton beat Villa

meaning Happy Days Are Here before we even kick off vs Southampton.
This would be acceptable

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It is important how we bounce back and whether or not most of the players have lost confidence. It cannot be easy mentally or physically to have played the number of games we have in a very short period, Norwich apart every other team we have played since lockdown ended is on a different level to us in the players they have. We have actually done brilliantly imo. A gutsy win against Arsenal and draw against Leicester. A few individual mistakes condemning us against Liverpool and United but for most of the games we played and competed well. We did what we had to do against Norwich very well and came away with the points

I think the City game was a game too far for the players and we imploded. Propper looks like he needs a rest, his confidence is shot and was our worst player last night. I will single out Ryan as without him having a blinder we were always going to get well beat and instead he had a very poor game (imo as there are plenty on here who don’t think he had a chance or did much wrong)

Potter now has another big test of his motivational skills and ability to rebuild confidence before our game against Southampton. There are no easy games and two of last three games are against teams in very good post lockdown form. It’s gonna be tough to get anything from any of these games.

We may have to rely on other teams getting beat rather than us gaining more points...we’ll see. It certainly has been a rollercoaster ride since lockdown ended, I have loved every game apart from last night’s which was a dreadful watch. Bring on the Saints and Come On You Seagulls!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here