Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Assuming a limited capacity in the future how should the club decide who goes?

In a restricted capacity how should the club decide who attends?

• Loyalty Points

Votes: 36 20.1%
  • Length of holding a season ticket

Votes: 26 14.5%
  • Residential distance from the AMEX

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • Lottery of all STH's

Votes: 50 27.9%
  • Lottery of all STH's AND Members

Votes: 16 8.9%
  • Just men, then one of the above?

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • Just women, then one of the above (but not 6)?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sexual Orientation

Votes: 2 1.1%
    Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Weight

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • Ethinicity

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Whoever has emailed Paul Barber the most

Votes: 12 6.7%
  • Other

Votes: 16 8.9%

• Total voters

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
The current Premier League Plan is to have FULL stadia of fans when the Premier League recommences in Sept.
Stage 5 of Project Restart is being published this week to the clubs.
There are going to be Test Events in the stadiums during August with reduced capacities where the Stage 5 rules can be tested.
Currently, NO AWAY FANS will be allowed at the start of the new season.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Let’s say for arguments sake the Covid capacity is 10k. Really easy now, every season ticket holder gets to see 1 in every three games. Same goes for 1901/corporate. Cup games go to lottery.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
They need to first establish how many STH would prefer to delay their return to the Amex..
Then rotate the ticket allocation around those STH that still want to go.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Being a season ticket holder must be the first condition as these tickets are already paid for.

Assuming the capacity would be 10k and that there remain 20k season ticket holders, then each season ticket holder should be eligible for 50% of reduced attendance matches.
administering this would be an absolute nightmare though. So probably best to leave it empty until we can all return.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
If social distancing is reduced to 1 metre (and there's no scientific reason not to), then every other seat could be used, allowing 15,000 in to each match.

How does that work with getting past people in their seats? I am on the end of a row and everyone up to halfway in my row goes by me. Short of arriving very late, that would be a lot of people squeezing by, not to mention annoying people having toilet/beer breaks during the game, that's another 2 times for each person. Not going to work is it, nor social distancing in the concourse.

I am with those who have mentioned not going if my son is also unable, I go with my son and brother and wouldn't want to go alone however much I love the Albion. Football is a social thing for me and although I've been to plenty of matches over the years on my own, I am not keen to start it regularly.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
To be honest, is a half-empty stadium really all that great.

I live in London and if there's no atmosphere, then I see no point in travelling 125 miles round journey for such.
So - if the conditions are that let's say 10k allowed in - then I'll probably opt out.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The man-on-the-street should get priority for the people’s game. I'll see you at the front of the queue.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Are you a STH?
Do you support the Albion?
Will you turn up?
Will you watch the game or are you constantly on your smart phone?
Do you sing/help create at atmosphere in support of the team?
Will you disappear ten minutes before HT for food and beverages?
Will you come back ten minutes after HT because of food and beverages?
Will you stay to the end Or leave with 15mins to go because BS reasons?
Do you know what happened to the cup final money?

Answers assessed in that order and priority given accordingly.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I voted 'other'. In this case 'other' means that football should be played behind closed doors until it is deemed sufficiently safe to let everyone back in.

Apart from the absurdity and the unfairness of letting only asmall minority in, the logistics, especially if it is different people each time and the simple loss of bum on seat income means it will cost the club more to manage than it would lose by having no bums on seats.

The bit people seem to have missed is that this poll is a bit like 'if one of your friends had to die, which one would you pick?', and everone has names someone :facepalm:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I would like a lottery of all season ticket holders and members for each game.

Nobody deserves to go over anybody else for home games, so a draw for each game seems fair to me

Either this, or, say a third of season ticket holders go to the first home game, another third to the next one, and the final third to the game after that, on a rolling basis.

I say a third, that's dependent on two out of every three seats having to be left vacant, but obviously we don't know just how many yet.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Either this, or, say a third of season ticket holders go to the first home game, another third to the next one, and the final third to the game after that, on a rolling basis.

I say a third, that's dependent on two out of every three seats having to be left vacant, but obviously we don't know just how many yet.

On that basis, I would go to one match, my wife the next and my son the next. We could never go together, even two seats apart. This is going to need the full NSC hive mind to build a solution rather than individuals going rogue.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
On that basis, I would go to one match, my wife the next and my son the next. We could never go together, even two seats apart. This is going to need the full NSC hive mind to build a solution rather than individuals going rogue.

Difficult l grant you, but l can't think of an ideal solution. If the club took the loyalty points route, whioch seems to be most favoured in the poll at the moment, that takes into account the number of away games visited, but not everyone can travel to away games even if they want to.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
If social distancing is reduced to 1 metre (and there's no scientific reason not to), then every other seat could be used, allowing 15,000 in to each match.

That's wrong. The seats are less than a metre so that means a gap of two seats and then you need to think about the gap between rows!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here