Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] GUEST REQUESTS: Football, the Albion and Me podcast

Zamoracomehome

Apr 12, 2010
Hove
In case you haven't come across it yet, I produce and present a new weekly Albion podcast called 'Football, the Albion and Me' (out Wednesdays), interviewing Brighton & Hove Albion favourites throughout the decades.

The idea is that they're largely not time-sensitive and can be listened to whenever - there may be 5-10 minutes of topical discussion at the start, and then we follow a rough format which takes in parts of their entire career (not solely focused on the Albion), ask each guest to select their 'Jumpers for Goalposts' 5-a-side team made up of players they've played with - and we get to know them a little better off the pitch too.

12 episodes have been published so far (see below for the list of guests) and I have around 12-15 guests lined up for the coming months (some a little quirky, loose connections), but I've received a few requests on NSC to set up a request thread for future guests. Please do let me know in this thread who you'd love to hear from - I'll do my best, but obviously can't promise anything.

Final thing - I don't usually forward promote who's coming up and like to keep it a surprise - this is partly so that I can be flexible if other Albion podcasts release episodes with the same guests.

Please do subscribe, leave your review on Apple Podcasts, retweet, share and follow on social media (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram)

Links to all podcast platforms: https://linktr.ee/footballalbionme

Guests so far: Garry Nelson, Tommy Elphick, Peter Ward, Bob Booker, Stuart Storer, Gary Dicker, Guy Butters, Ashley Barnes, Darren Freeman, Elliott Bennett, Eric Steele, Dean Hammond.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Matt Richards 3 separate loan spells (although all close together in time) and scored the winning penalty against Man City, plus he was managed by Roy Keane so it would be interesting to hear about that.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
leon knight

colin kazim richards

kemy agustein

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Peter O'Sullivan. At the club for 11 years through promotion, relegation, Brian Clough, Mullery, the Glory years.

Chris Catlin. Part of the glory years and went on to manage as things started to go downhill behind the scenes.

Steve Foster. Legend.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Thoroughly enjoyed the Poyet and Ashley Barnes podcasts.

5 former managers that i think would be a worthwhile listen.

Liam Brady, Jimmy Case, Steve Gritt, Dean Wilkins and Russell Slade plus a player who played under all of them, Kerry Mayo.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Some real old-timers, maybe - the 1958 promotion team. OK, probably not many available for interview these days, but (according to Wiki anyway) Adrian Thorne and Dave Hollins are still around.
Maybe someone from that mid 60s season when we scored over 100 goals (thanks to two Smiths and a Wally); Jack Bertolini covers both these periods (again, according to Wiki he is still around!).
Someone from the Saward through to Clough days? - John Templeman, maybe.
And what about someone, not particularly high profile, from those frantic first seasons in the first division - perhaps the ageing old fashioned (to put it politely) centre half from Blackpool reserves who for a few matches in our first season was our CB pairing with a 17 year old Gary Stevens, Peter Suddaby. Only 20 odd matches for us, but must have been the pinnacle of his career - and we stayed up!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here