Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 11-13/07/20

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Reasonable fixtures for those chasing us in this round of fixtures...

Saturday 11th July 2020
Norwich City v West Ham (12:30) - BT Sport
Watford v Newcastle United (12:30) - Amazon Prime Video / Twitch
Liverpool v Burnley (15:00) - BT Sport
Sheffield United v Chelsea (17:30) - Sky Sports
Brighton & Hove Albion v Man City (20:00) - Sky One / Sky Sports / Pick

Sunday 12th July 2020
Wolves v Everton (12:00) - Sky One / Sky Sports / Pick
Aston Villa v Crystal Palace (14:15) - Sky Sports
Tottenham Hotspur v Arsenal (16:30) - Sky Sports
AFC Bournemouth v Leicester City (19:00) - Sky One / Sky Sports / Pick

Monday 13th July 2020
Man Utd v Southampton (20:0) - 0Sky One / Sky Sports / Pick

Screenshot 2020-07-11 at 09.35.55.png

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Looks like Norwich will get the record for a club most relegated from the Premier League this weekend, which is nice

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
x
x

x

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
If Norwich were to beat West Ham we'll be getting into territory of "a side to good to go down" becoming very nervous.

Particularly when their games with Watford and Villa are 6 pointers. And their other game is Man United away.

I'll be watching with interest.
I'd actually prefer West Ham to drop with Bournemouth rather than Villa or Watford who I'd rather have as opponents next season.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
We can’t always rely on teams below us to keep not winning although we have been incredibly fortunate since the restart . One more point would def secure our place for next season in the PL although there is probably a 80 % chance we are safe already .

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Cannot believe that in 15 games the bottom 3 have accumulated just 2 points, real relegation form

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
If Newcastle beat Watford....

then Watford need 6 points to overtake us from Arsenal, Man City and West Ham...

So in practice they need to beat West Ham...

which means West Ham need 6 points to overtake us from Norwich, Man Utd and Villa..

So in practice they need to beat Villa...

who will then need to win all their other games and overhaul our goal difference as well....

TL;DR : If Newcastle beat Watford we are ALMOST certain of avoiding relegation.

COME ON NEWCASTLE

:albion2:

( Also assumes Bournemouth don't perform miracles ).

Last edited:

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Wins for West Ham and Watford can see all 3 relegation places sorted midweek. Think it’s very likely to happen.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
We can’t always rely on teams below us to keep not winning although we have been incredibly fortunate since the restart . One more point would def secure our place for next season in the PL although there is probably a 80 % chance we are safe already .

Only 80%?? I’ll give you the keys to my flat and car if anything happens to us, we have been safe since the 2nd game of the restart. Bookies offering odds of 200/1 on us.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

How have we been ‘fortunate’? We’ve played better, thus got better results, thus accrued more points than the bottom five clubs. That’s how leagues work.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
West Ham 1-0 up against Norwich after 12mins. Commentators just noted the hammers have dropped 24 points from winning positions.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If West Ham and Watford win today that could pretty much end the relegation battle.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Technically it’s better for us if Norwich beat West Ham (increases our chances of securing the extra PL money from finishing above West Ham), but as I want Muff and Villa to go down, I’m actually ok if West Han win this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Dwight Gayle. Nice one

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
2-0 West Ham. Was going to note how it was all west ham now, but then Norwich forced a save.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here