Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Jack Charlton has died.

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
My fondest memory of Jack was after the 1983 SF. I was standing outside the main entrance at Highbury. Jack had just got on to his team bus, and was sitting pensively looking out of the window with some of the Weds. team while all I could hear were Albion players singing in the changing rooms somewhere inside.

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
Yes RIP. Watching him manage Ireland at the Euros and World Cup was a thing of joy. I'm not quite old enough to remember him as a player

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
RIP Big Jack.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I remember this photo from when I was a kid, always thought it was great.

Two brothers holding hands.

119D30BB-1C12-48A2-BBD6-160EF37CE4BF.jpeg

RIP, Big Jack.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I have many memories of Jack from the World Cup, to watching him play at Elland Road with my ex, and his international managerial career on tv.
A genuine football legend from a legendary family.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
That’s 3 Leeds legends that have passed away this year, Big Jack, Trevor Cherry, and Norman “bites your legs’ Hunter.

As my own personal tribute, I will refrain from calling them Dirty Leeds, today.

RIP, Gentlemen.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I have great memories of his playing days. Part of that thing of beauty that was Dirty Leeds from 65 to 75. A team 30 years ahead of its time (in England). Possession football, ball on the floor, with added Extreme Fouling. RIP Big Jack.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
One of the English greats, adopted by Ireland in his manager years.

One of my fondest memories is for his time as Ireland manager, where in a TV interview he said that he effectively never paid for a drink. This is was because he would write a cheque and most of the landlords because of his standing in Ireland would frame the cheque and display it in the bar, and therefore never cash the cheque.

RIP

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
A very good player, a good manager, a curmudgeonly old grump, RIP fella.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
That’s 3 Leeds legends that have passed away this year, Big Jack, Trevor Cherry, and Norman “bites your legs’ Hunter.

As my own personal tribute, I will refrain from calling them Dirty Leeds, today.

RIP, Gentlemen.

been a devastating year of losses for us.

i had dinner with him (and norman) in december after a centenary event, a kinder, funnier man you'd be hard pressed to find. we sat and watched leeds play, he kicked every ball with them and had tbe audacity to criticise bielsa ;)

he'd been poorly for a while but we were all hoping he could hold on for just a few more weeks

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here