Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Duran Duran’s John Taylor chats to Worthing’s Billy Idol about Gen X, Tony James etc

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Idol is a fitness fan. Doing ok for 64*.

* With help of a surgeon.

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
Thanks for posting that. I’ve just watched it and really enjoyed it which has put me in a good mood for work as I hate working Saturdays.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
97A02599-43D8-4880-B031-02BCBF4D9FB7.jpeg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Idol is a fitness fan. Doing ok for 64*.

* With help of a surgeon.

John Taylor doesn’t look too shabby for a 60 year old either.

He also has a series called Stone Love Bass Odyssey where he explains away a number of Duran Duran hits from the perspective of the bass guitar.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Went to cubs with him, he was a mummy's boy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He came into the Nashville one night I was there (to see Wire or the Ruts, forget who) and he was overheard at the bar with his bird discussing leaving early and getting a taxi in case there were any teds about. This was long before he was famous. We used to tackle the long walk down North End Road to Fulham broadway and beyond three nights a week. We thought he was a lightweight. I was rather amused by his later incarnation as a swaggering rock tit. Mind you, I liked Gen X at the time. Saw them play - at the Nashville as it happens, and Johnny Thunders joined them on stage.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
John Taylor is a legend and not just a former poster boy , he can really play the fu @@cking bass !

I briefly spoke with him when he was waiting to exit the Btn centre after their last gig , in a blacked out Range Rover !

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Back in about 1979 my wife worked as an electrologist in Brompton Road, Knightsbridge. Billy Idol (then of Generation X) was a regular customer. My wife used to remove his chest hair by electrolysis.
He was a good tipper I am being told.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here