Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The missing piece

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
Has to be Zaha. Irrespective of your footballing allegiances, he's a quality player that needs a bigger stage to showcase his immense talent. He should be winning European medals, and is unlikely to do that if he continues to tread water playing for a smaller club. We can offer him European glory. A marriage made in heaven! What could possibly go wrong?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Has to be Zaha. Irrespective of your footballing allegiances, he's a quality player that needs a bigger stage to showcase his immense talent. He should be winning European medals, and is unlikely to do that if he continues to tread water playing for a smaller club. We can offer him European glory. A marriage made in heaven! What could possibly go wrong?

If Haha trod water, he'd drown :lol:

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
No way known we're going to pay the inflated rice that both Palace and he himself will want.

Edit: I was going to fix that typo, but it amuses me too much. So yes - I meant "price", not rice.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
He isn't just hugely over priced but is also likely to be on huge wages. He would improve our attacking wide options but would probably be the sort of player we wouldn't consider breaking our structure to sign.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Binney on acid by name, Binney on acid by the looks of that, you just wrote....
:mad:

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Looked everywhere. But someone really did make up a 1000 piece jigsaw with two pieces the same and one missing. Grr.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen

I think you need to lay off the acid for a while

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
honestly, if he wasnt a palace player, probably no. on the grounds of the theatrics, large ego and wages, a player like him wouldnt be the missing piece at Brighton. id rather have Townsend.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
honestly, if he wasnt a palace player, probably no. on the grounds of the theatrics, large ego and wages, a player like him wouldnt be missing piece at Brighton.

In all seriousness I do not think any of the top six would look at Zaha now, I could see him going to Newcastle if the take over goes through (which it should not, if a fit and proper person means what it says) having said that, they would probably get in a foreign manager with a fancy dan name like "ダン" and he probably would never have heard of Zaha. So the long and short is no one will take a punt on the superstar from up the road, he will languish in south london and see out his days, which will ultimately stop them bringing in young talent due the astronomical wages he and several others are on up the road. It will be slow and painful watching him, lose his pace, and grace.......

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Someone has just sold you a seriously bad batch of acid mate, you're truly off your tits if you think that over-paid, over-rated, over-the-hill ME ME ME ME ME SULKING PRIMA DONNA EGOCENTRIC **** would be of ANY use to us and what we're building.

Yup, let's just spend 3/4 times what we've ever spent on anyone else ever, completely blow our entire remuneration/financial model and bankrupt the club for it.

What indeed could possibly go wrong.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Nah, he’s past it these days, doesn’t create or score goals any more. Palace should have sold whilst he was still worth something.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here