Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Callum Wilson, a Young(ish) Glenn Murray?

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
If we're going to pinch a experienced type striker from a team that isn't mathematically going down yet i'd like Yarmalenko from West Ham please , can play wide or up front (best position) imo looks to be over a nasty injury bags of goals left in this ancient mariner .

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
If we're going to pinch a experienced type striker from a team that isn't mathematically going down yet i'd like Yarmalenko from West Ham please , can play wide or up front (best position) imo looks to be over a nasty injury bags of goals left in this ancient mariner .
He is just what we need, I can't see West Ham selling though.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If we so desperately need to replace Murray.... Why isn't he playing?

Because we need to replace him. Same reason why I am not wearing yesterday's underpants.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom

Good player on his day but a lot of injuries and big wages. I cannot see us going for a player like him in all honesty.

I like the kid Ty Campbell at Stoke young so its a risk but I think he could become a big player down the road.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I think its unlikely the club will sign a 28 year old injury prone randomly capped PL striker. Sounds like the type of player that would be incredibly overvalued. More likely to go to a club known for doing bad business, like Everton or West Ham.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;9412029 said:
I think when people say "younger" Murray, they, in fact, mean a "faster" Murray (type player). Someone who can play up front alone, hold the ball up, finish, good in the air and with his feet and has strength and pace. Not too much to ask for is it? :whistle:

Haven't we got a couple of those (or certainly getting there) ? Isn't the issue that we would like one who is over 5'6" and 10 stone wet through :wink:

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Would Moron pass the “no dickheads” test?

If it’s a big name we’re after, Sotiris Papagiannopoulos might fit the bill. Played for Potter at Ostersunds, too.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Would Moron pass the “no dickheads” test?

If it’s a big name we’re after, Sotiris Papagiannopoulos might fit the bill. Played for Potter at Ostersunds, too.

I’ve also considered moronic individuals and dickheads not to be mutually exclusive!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Can I just check that there are people who think Wilson, proven Premier League goalscorer with England caps, would be available for £12m? Is that serious?

I don’t think we’d pay more than £12m in the current climate and I don’t think an injury prone out of form relegated player is worth more than that to us. B’Muff will want an awful lot more though.

It’s worth noting that his agency was behind Stephen’s transfer request and Wan-Bissaka’s multi million move to Utd.

Where is he going then?

In the words of Trump: Chi’na!

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I am an admirer of Callum Wilson but £20 million would be a huge gamble he has had three bad injuries in the last three years

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Yep, looks like a West Ham signing. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if West Ham went for him and Fraser off B'Muff, maybe 'Arry could be the link man? They're both triffic players.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here