Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leeds lining up their Ben White replacement

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The Telegraph have claimed that Leeds United are one of a number of clubs interested in signing Brighton defender Haydon Roberts – facing competition from Brentford, Derby County and even German giants RB Leipzig.

The Whites are still interested in completing a permanent deal for excellent loanee Ben White this summer, though his value has skyrocketed to £30million after playing every single one of Leeds’ 41 Championship games – before Stoke on Thursday.

But Leeds are already looking at replacements and it seems a case of tried and tested for the Whites, as they look to raid Brighton for a second time and sign another relatively known centre-back.

More >>> https://tbrfootball.com/report-leed...leipzig-for-brighton-teenager-haydon-roberts/

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Many have been saying that all along.

Perhaps we should hold fire on selling, a year on loan in the Championship might be perfect for Roberts

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
White has been crucial to Leeds and spending big to keep the future England international at Elland Road is a no-brainer. Whether Leeds will be able to do that, remains to be seen – but White certainly seems as though he wants to stay.

Where is the evidence of this? I haven’t seen anywhere he has been quoted as saying he’d like to stay at Leeds.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Many have been saying that all along.

Perhaps we should hold fire on selling, a year on loan in the Championship might be perfect for Roberts

A year on loan in the Premier League at a lesser club like Leeds?

In all seriousness, I can't see the club selling a highly rated 18 year old if they're expected to go straight into a fellow PL club's starting XI. I think you're spot on and wouldn't be surprised if he goes to a Derby (Rosenior connection) on loan for a year as a replacement for Clarke.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A year on loan in the Premier League at a lesser club like Leeds?

In all seriousness, I can't see the club selling a highly rated 18 year old if they're expected to go straight into a fellow PL club's starting XI. I think you're spot on and wouldn't be surprised if he goes to a Derby (Rosenior connection) on loan for a year as a replacement for Clarke.

But Leeds aren't in The Premier League.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Get White playing for us next season, send Roberts on a season long loan to Championship next season, ala White this year.
The season after, we have the two best centre defenders in the Premier League

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
But Leeds aren't in The Premier League.

HAHAHAHA we can but wish. Unless a truly woeful Stoke (I know they battered Barnsley but they are crap) upset the odds tonight, you've got to say it's starting to look like it is going to happen.

Be fun to watch them go straight back down after Bielsa jumps ship when he falls out with the board by October.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Get White playing for us next season, send Roberts on a season long loan to Championship next season, ala White this year.
The season after, we have the two best centre defenders in the Premier League
Rinse and repeat until we can field an entire team of centre backs.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Is this just a rehash story given Roberts dad comments on Twitter (apparently) recently ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
'We all dream of a team of centre backs, a team of centre backs, a team of centre backs.....' etc

It does feel like the only constant desire through the 40+ years of my support. :lol:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
White has been crucial to Leeds and spending big to keep the future England international at Elland Road is a no-brainer. Whether Leeds will be able to do that, remains to be seen – but White certainly seems as though he wants to stay.

Where is the evidence of this? I haven’t seen anywhere he has been quoted as saying he’d like to stay at Leeds.

There is no evidence of it at all. It's become a victim of illusory truth effect, its been claimed he's said it by Leeds fans so many times everyone now thinks it's true.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Do Leeds only look for centre backs in our under 23s? Don't bother to send scouts anywhere else.

I understand that Tony Bloom is going to rename Lancing as "The Centre Back Factory"

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
There is no evidence of it at all. It's become a victim of illusory truth effect, its been claimed he's said it by Leeds fans so many times everyone now thinks it's true.

Conversely it would be good if he’d said that he was a Brighton player and wanted to break into our first team. Most loanees tend to say that that they hope to make the team of their parent club whilst out on loan.

The lack of spoken commitment speaks volumes to me

I haven’t written off a transfer to Leeds

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Unsubstantiated waffle

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Conversely it would be good if he’d said that he was a Brighton player and wanted to break into our first team. Most loanees tend to say that that they hope to make the team of their parent club whilst out on loan.

The lack of spoken commitment speaks volumes to me

I haven’t written off a transfer to Leeds

Given Tony Bloom's general stance on transfers, I would be stunned if we sold White to Leeds this summer. Despite what their fans might think, there is a fair chance that Leeds will be in bottom half of the Premier League (and we may well be there too). Why would we sell to a potential rival? And, given the ability he apparently has, I would be very surprised if Leeds spent anywhere near his value on signing a centre back. The rest of their squad needs a lot of work too.

The only way I can see White leaving is if a big six club comes in with a massive offer, taking a big gamble on him being as good as people are saying and getting in there before he has a Premier League season and his price increases a lot.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here