Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Othellos - Hove Closed down for good .

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Drove past Othellos in church toad today. White washed windows and a lease for sale board up.

Sad news , I spent many a happy hour scoffing my way through pasta and tiramisu !

Anyone else have memories of Othellos , I think it was one of the most well known restaurants in Hove .

scooter1

How soon is now?
We used to go there quite a bit, my son will be disappointed as he liked their seafood pizza...
Sorry to see it go, however in the 6 months or so before lockdown the quality of service divebombed to the point where we walked out 30 mins after being seated as we'd not been offered menus or drinks. Went over to an almost empty Orsino where the service was much better, but the food wasn't....

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
[MENTION=34864]Live by the sea[/MENTION] I'm sorry it's closed down as you like it so much

edit: damn you [MENTION=36353]schmunk[/MENTION]

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
With Barcode already closed that just leaves Orsino.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
PEDANT ALERT

it was actually called 'Otello', not 'Othello

presumably named after the opera by Verdi

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Drove past Othellos in church toad today. White washed windows and a lease for sale board up.

Presumably the door was bard.

Sad to see the place ia-go, though I won't complain too loudly lest anyone say, 'Desdemona'.

And switching puns whilst considering the location, another business has croaked.

Last edited:

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham/LA
Last ate there about 18 years ago while temping at Legal and General post-college, nearly everyone except me at the shellfish pasta and got food poisoning.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Went to Otello many times for pizza after Albion games back in the Goldstone days in the early 90's. Great food, a warm welcome and good value. Not been there for years though. Very sad to hear it has closed.

Yoda

English & European
We used to go there quite a bit, my son will be disappointed as he liked their seafood pizza...
Sorry to see it go, however in the 6 months or so before lockdown the quality of service divebombed to the point where we walked out 30 mins after being seated as we'd not been offered menus or drinks. Went over to an almost empty Orsino where the service was much better, but the food wasn't....

Both Otello's and Orsino's used to be owned by the same brothers at one point.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here