Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Picking a team to stop Man City

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We will make a couple of sloppy early errors, go two down. Job done, there will be less urgency from City, we will start playing a little bit better. Maybe we'll get one back, maybe not, they will go on and get a third. We'll have a couple of good efforts, but will lose. Then everyone will talk about how well we played, the character we showed to recover from the early blow, and the manager who just took a fairly-to-pretty easy 3 points off us will praise how we play (cause it means they will get the points, obvs.) and we'll all talk about how close we are, and how at least it wasn't the complete drubbing we expected 20 minutes in. And at least the other results went our way...

Being realistic we will lose 9 out of 10 games to teams like City and Liverpool however we set up but carry on with the sarcastic downbeat pessimism. You’re very unlikely to be disappointed :thumbsup:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
And stop pissing about at the back for the first 10 minutes might help as well.

The logic being that if the opposition don’t have the ball they can’t hurt you. We have yet to master this against top teams. The alternative is you hoof the ball and let them have wave after wave of attack. Well that’s what I think :shrug:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
The logic being that if the opposition don’t have the ball they can’t hurt you. We have yet to master this against top teams. The alternative is you hoof the ball and let them have wave after wave of attack. Well that’s what I think :shrug:

That and luring them in means if you beat the press there's space to attack.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Being realistic we will lose 9 out of 10 games to teams like City and Liverpool however we set up but carry on with the sarcastic downbeat pessimism. You’re very unlikely to be disappointed :thumbsup:

Exactly!

I'd just like to mix it up a little more, Man U and Liverpool games were too similar. If we're gonna lose 9 out of 10 games let's put some variety into it

Thumping loss
tight fought game, conceding in the last five minutes after relentless pressure
Surprise early goal, then a valiant rearguard error, that just can't hold out.
An exciting back and forth goalfest, 5-4

Something different, y'know.

Trelford Mills Guide Dog

Jun 14, 2008
———————————Ryan
—-Lamptey—Webster—Dunk—Burn—Bernardo
————————Pröpper—Bissouma
————-——————-Mooy
———————-Maupay——Trossard

Last edited:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Where's Grummitt ?

grc7f7~1b.jpg

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
.............................. Ryan ........................

Lamptey ... Webster ... Dunk ... Bernardo

................ Propper .... Bissouma ............

Trossard ........... Mooy ......... Mac Allister

........................ Maupay ..........................

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Not much chance of naming the correct Potter team on the best of days but here goes .

Ryan
Montoya
Duffy
Dunk
Bernardo
Jahankbash
Bissouma
Mcallister
Mooy
Trossard
Murray

Subs Button Schelotto Burn Stephens Gross Maupay Connolly Lamptey Richards

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
3 minutes until all is revealed.

MY pick :

Ryan

Lamptey---Webster---Dunk----Burn

Mooy---Bissouma---Pröpper

Trossard---Maupay---Mac Allister

Subs: Button, Montoya, Bernardo, Duffy, Stephens, Groß, Jahanbakhsh, Murray, Connolly

Falmer Wizard

Jun 23, 2020
Try not to concede two early on as we seem to have done in the last two matches....City tend to be merciless and keep their foot on the throat

I dont want my evening spoilt so will wait for match of the day.
We must be very near the limit of our resources due to the top teams we have been playing lately, the last thing we need is a team like Man City

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here